• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson in Time and Space

11 posts in this topic

After being accused of scamming the contest, I finally saw the POV post everyone is talking about.

The only problem is that he posted the message on:

05/22/03 01:24 AM

While I answered the contest on:

05/21/03 08:04 PM

Now if someone could explain how I used his "hint" to win the contest, then I will personally recommend you for a think tank.

After being accused of scamming the contest, I finally saw the POV post everyone is talking about.

Now if someone could explain how I used his "hint" to win the contest, then I will personally recommend you for a think tank.

This is becoming beyond ludicrous. This is really ticking me off. Who CARES? So instead of thinking from a clue and maybe extrapolating what you know from the boards and your own knowledge, you say you just went to the GCD search, pumped in the right info and got the right answer.

So doing THAT somehow - I don't know - makes your answer - what? Better? More legitimate?

Folks were funning with you back in that thread. If you don;t realize that then nothing anyone will say will make any difference. This has gone beyond the telling of it.

This is becoming beyond ludicrous.

I totally agree, hence this thread. I initially thought that is was "just funning" at the start, but it just kept going, and going, and going... I'm no hero either way, but I win once and it becomes a circus. grin.gif

I'm no hero either way, but I win once and it becomes a circus.

Don't you realize that your ocassional comments about never being picked for the Comics-Quest is at the root of this? Come on, Joe. This was just a perfect setup. One of the books I have posted as a Holy Grail and often talked about is the actual ANSWER. I elect to NOT answer because, well, getting the book was more than enough for me. And the person who says they would never win comic-quest wins it. If that is not a recipe for funning then I don't know what is.

Hey, I agree totally and laughed at the apocalypse/crash/Bug fainting bits and played right along.

Then came the accusations of impropriety, the shame, the ridicule.. 27_laughing.gif

You won, we didnt therefore its cheating...

I'm no hero either way, but I win once and it becomes a circus.

Don't you realize that your ocassional comments about never being picked for the Comics-Quest is at the root of this? Come on, Joe. This was just a perfect setup. One of the books I have posted as a Holy Grail and often talked about is the actual ANSWER. I elect to NOT answer because, well, getting the book was more than enough for me. And the person who says they would never win comic-quest wins it. If that is not a recipe for funning then I don't know what is.

I'm proud to say that I didn't make one joke at Joe's expense after he won the contest. I prefer to rise above temptations like that. shy.gif

J_C...your just a wee bit touchy...hence the reason a post made in jest just seems to keep going ...and going...and going... 893frustrated.gif

We was just funnin' you bud... makepoint.gif