• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: TALES TO ASTONISH #36 CGC 7.5 - LOOKS NICER!

9 posts in this topic

hello all,

for your consideration, here is a super nice copy of TTA #36 - early grading of CGC gave it a 7.5, but it DOES look alot nicer and most who've weighed in on that seem to feel the same.

here's a link to a large pic of the front and back

TALES TO ASTONISH #36

all serious offers will be entertained - lmk what you think! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

THANKS!

Jerry Ringi,the finder of that collection,is a good friend of mine.The RJ Long collection is one SHARP batch of books.I owned quite a few of them at one point.An ASM # 1 from that collection fetched a 9.2 from CGC.The books were stacked unevenly in apple crates and hat boxes which caused many of them to have non colour breaking curls and dimples on otherwise near-perfect books.The gloss on that collection is mindboggling.Whoever picks up that book will NOT be disappointed.Most of the types of defects these books exhibit don't even show up in a slab.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

p.s. please forgive me for butting in.

I've looked at it from every angle [pre your message] and could not figure out why it didn't grade higher - it's pretty easy to tell it has no dimples, curls, etc. looks perfectly 'rack fresh' and you're right, the gloss is unbelievable.

I've even had the Warren Commission take a look at it - all they could come up with was there was only one owner. makepoint.gif