• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Loaders

22 posts in this topic

I recently bought some Top Loaders at a con and I most say I love these things. They are nice and secure and solid pieces. However I don't want to just put them in a bag and board and throw them in there, rather some type of Mylar, however I am clueless to what kind to buy as I have never seen all the types they sell on the internet in a store..

Any help?

I am pretty sure these are what you are looking for

http://cgi.ebay.com/25-NEW-COLLECTOR-SAF...1QQcmdZViewItem

you might be able to find them elsewhere cheaper too

these things are great, i like them a lot too

I do bag and board mine though before i put them in the top loader, just because it seems more secure and gives it a nice snug fit

Top loaders come in different sizes. Here's a Mylar/Full back/Top Loader Combo.

AT25LOK.jpg

So those are top loaders,what company makes those and can they be purchase online,for Canadian orders.

Top loaders are the best things since slice bread!! My main purpose for them is for transportation purposes to and from conventions. I use the silver sized ones which are perfect for modern books.

Top loaders are the best things since slice bread!! My main purpose for them is for transportation purposes to and from conventions. I use the silver sized ones which are perfect for modern books.

I agree. I love toploaders. They are FANTASTIC!!!

I'm pretty sure that PVC is a big "no-no" for paper archiving...

I'm worried that top loaders are too dangerous to be trusted.

(I remember the sportscard version being yellow from aging after only a few years,

not to mention the gases that it gives off.)

Here's what I found online about PVC (with regards to photographs):

"Plastic enclosures manufactured from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) are not recommended for archival photographic storage. This plastic, often referred to as "vinyl" is not as stable as some other plastics. It can contain volatile plasticizers and emit damaging hydrochloric acid as it deteriorates."

Someone tell me I'm just paranoid... confused.gif

For me it's not so much that they are non archival, but that they have sharp hard edges to them which could damage surrounding unprotected books or books in poly bags/mylites.