• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Auction Combo (Good Deal?)

6 posts in this topic

Overly low price, seller doesn't usually sell comics, seller has several complaints about unlegit items to which he gave very flaky replies...I'm afraid that auction smells. But if it's legit, that buyer got a GREAT price.

I saw that Friday evening and am convinced it is a scam. I think the scans are from the Hulk 181 and Spidey 14 that sold earlier Friday - they were in that same round of auctions for the guy in Va. that sold the spidey 17 9.4. Jamie mentioned all the other reasons that it looks fraudulent but those 2 books together at that price in the same grades as the 2 earlire books nad the scans looking exactly the same? Too much coincidence for me!

No way that's legit for all the reasons mentioned.

Also, you have to figure that anyone who knows what those books are worth would not sell them for that low. And why put them together? There's no logic to it. The only reason to combine books is if they make a logical set, and the seller tries to get MORE than they're worth individually.