• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of Old Comic Shop News / Previews?

11 posts in this topic

Being the pack rat that I am, I just came across an old box of Previews from 92-94 and some Comic Shop News from the same period. Are they worth anything or should I chuck 'em?

Thanks,

DAM

Open up the previews to see if there are any promotional comic/trading card inserts in them. That being said, yeah...they are good box filler, but I do not think anyone on ebay would bid high enough to make it worth your time to sell them.

Send them into CGC. I'm sure they would grade them as long as the check clears. Slab the CSN's and hope for 9.8's or better. You could start a whole new collecting craze. I'll be sending in my currently worthless old copies of CBG when CGC begins grading mags. Can't wait to get those babies on Ebay and watch the money roll in.

Being the pack rat that I am, I just came across an old box of Previews from 92-94 and some Comic Shop News from the same period. Are they worth anything or should I chuck 'em?

Thanks,

DAM

Don't throw them away just jet. Give them away free with your auctions as an unadvertised bonus. Who knows, you may make some buyer out there a happy because he/she collects that stuff. You never know.

Tomega

If you do any mailing from ebay,send a few along with each package. It will get rid of them, maybe make someone happy , and may prevent someone going thru your garbage discovering you might have valuable collectibles in your residence. Bill