• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has any other collectible ever overshadowed your interest in comics?

48 posts in this topic

Other things I collected... before comics, I collected stamps and coins.

After I quit comics the first time, I collected Six Million Dollar Man and Star Trek stuff.

Now, I am back in comics (but winding down a bit) and thinking that this will be largely it for collecting. The older I get, the less stuff I want to have around.

You sound like me. In the past 10 years, I've collected comics, football cards, vintage carded star wars figures, comics again, coins, mego figures, back to comics. Every time I come back to comics, I miss the ones I used to have and sold. So now, as my comic interest is waning again, I don't want to sell any, because I know I'll be back.

I understand what you mean about wanting less stuff around. I'm starting to think I want to buy a few really nice comics a year, and have a collection of a handful of grails, rather than long boxes of common runs.

Cool! But you probably had the OPC wackys, which means you never got to see:

band01.jpg

or

runtony.jpg

No! I see you're in Alaska, so I guess you did get the domestic ones! thumbsup2.gif

OPC is for Canada.....

What, you think I'm a Canadian too.....man.....Alaska is a U.S. State (49) Last Frontier, National Oil Reserve, Alaska Pipeline type U.S. State.

Yes, I've decided to collect "money". Condition doesn't matter.. just the quantity. devil.gif

Does that mean you're going to start hanging out in the Water Cooler with all those other weirdo loser coinees? poke2.gif

Yes, I've decided to collect "money". Condition doesn't matter.. just the quantity. devil.gif

Does that mean you're going to start hanging out in the Water Cooler with all those other weirdo loser coinees? poke2.gif

Hey Tim, while you're here, and since you have a bit of interest, check out www.wishbass.com. Some very nice, but very cheap, sometimes very ugly, and sometimes very beautiful basses there. All custom made. Actually they are outstanding in quality in an earthy sort of way. I've already bought two and give them a total thumbsup2.gif.

Man, forgot about autographs. Always think of collecting as something of monetary value. doh!

I'm into autographs too. Especially NBA autos. Met nearly all of the Pistons starters when they came to Denver. Met Carmelo Anthony, Marcus Camby and most of the Nuggs face-to-face (except Kenyon Martin who will probably be a Knick anyway). Tried to meet the king, Mr. Nowitski, to no avail.

Just fun meeting the stars as they come to town.

Meet a bunch of the Denver Donkeys too. Good ole' Champ Bailey is one of my favs.

Pat

Other things I collected... before comics, I collected stamps and coins.

After I quit comics the first time, I collected Six Million Dollar Man and Star Trek stuff.

Now, I am back in comics (but winding down a bit) and thinking that this will be largely it for collecting. The older I get, the less stuff I want to have around.

You sound like me. In the past 10 years, I've collected comics, football cards, vintage carded star wars figures, comics again, coins, mego figures, back to comics. Every time I come back to comics, I miss the ones I used to have and sold. So now, as my comic interest is waning again, I don't want to sell any, because I know I'll be back.

I understand what you mean about wanting less stuff around. I'm starting to think I want to buy a few really nice comics a year, and have a collection of a handful of grails, rather than long boxes of common runs.

I'm kind of going the opposite way. I am more interested in picking up smaller runs/issues that I would want to read and re-read. IMHO, many keys just don't fit that bill.

Collecting Transformers was big for me a few years ago. Trying to find and pay for Autobots in the box is insane. But do almost have all the autobots. Man, I am a 80's geek.