• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How did "Free Comic Book Day" go for you?

67 posts in this topic

I stopped by my LCS on Saturday afternoon - picked up about 5 of the comics. No hassle, as I'm in there every Wednesday anyway for new comics. The best part of the day for me was that in the morning and early afternoon I was at a car show, and my car won first place in it's division. Of course, my car was the only one in it's division ('55-'66 T'birds)! My goal is to one day win first place against real competition...

bring it on sumo.gif

not quite a 55-66.....I have a 91 Vette confused-smiley-013.gif

Why are you responding to yourself? You can go back and edit your post.

I stopped by my LCS on Saturday afternoon - picked up about 5 of the comics. No hassle, as I'm in there every Wednesday anyway for new comics. The best part of the day for me was that in the morning and early afternoon I was at a car show, and my car won first place in it's division. Of course, my car was the only one in it's division ('55-'66 T'birds)! My goal is to one day win first place against real competition...

bring it on sumo.gif

Well, here it is...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=148604&ck=

Now that is nice cloud9.gif

Someone should start a thread on collectors and their cars thumbsup2.gif

bring it on sumo.gif

Well, here it is...

Guess where I found it?? Ebay!!

bring it on sumo.gif

Well, here it is...

Guess where I found it?? Ebay!!

893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Was out of town during FCBD, but I'd promissed the kids that we'd find a comic shop and stop in. Was away for a wedding in my hometown of Rochester, NY, so we stopped into Empire Comics on Saturday afternoon. Nobody else in the store and no free comics to be found. Don't know if they were participating or not, but if so they did it with no promotion at all. Anyway, struck out there, but fortunately one of my local shops here in L.A. had a few books left over when i dropped in the next week.