• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GET PAID to CGC your books

61 posts in this topic

I do not like to give out my list

Not giving out a "want list" is getting a bit too cloak and dagger for me, as I have quite a few of the mid-to late-50's Westerns like The Searchers, Gunsmoke, etc. (not sure of exacts, but mostly westerns) that could be anywhere from 6.X to 8.X, but without a want list = potential waste of time.

And I do understand why you don't give out the list, but I assume you realize the impasse this creates.

I can promise you that if the premise of guide + grading fees works for you, you will not be wasting your time to do the search. It is not like a lot of people on these boards who advertise that they are looking for books but what they really are saying is they are looking for books that are selling at 60% of the last GPA. If I do not have it, I will want it.

For those who are thinking about looking through their inventories and worried about wasting their time, consider this. I was offered 10 books so far and needed 8 of them, so you decide whether it is worth the time.

If I do not have it, I will want it.

But if you already have it, I don't want to look for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Its really not funny. The guy is a bigtime collector and would like to complete his collection.

Why not help the guy out instead of busting his guillones.

He is not even squabbling about price.

But if you already have it, I don't want to look for it. confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Its really not funny. The guy is a bigtime collector and would like to complete his collection.

agreed sumo.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

the statement was funny tough guy, not necessarily the context of the statement.

Then you help him.

I'd like to see what I could do, but I'm not going to waste my time rummaging through long box after long box, if someone won't give me the courtesy of something as basic as a Want List.

I even narrowed it down to Westerns and still no reply. confused-smiley-013.gif

I realize he wants to be all cloak-and-dagger secretive about the issues he needs, and I have the right to be just as secretive about the issues I have. gossip.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

the statement was funny tough guy, not necessarily the context of the statement.

Are you saying that I am a tough guy? cloud9.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

no...I think he was referring to me headbang.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

sumo.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

sumo.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

sumo.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

swat.gif

Then you help him.

I'd like to see what I could do, but I'm not going to waste my time rummaging through long box after long box, if someone won't give me the courtesy of something as basic as a Want List.

I even narrowed it down to Westerns and still no reply. confused-smiley-013.gif

I realize he wants to be all cloak-and-dagger secretive about the issues he needs, and I have the right to be just as secretive about the issues I have. gossip.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to read almost daily posts from you that prices for comics are too expensive, so it would seem to me that if you truly felt that way, that spending an hour poring through long boxes looking for books that, based on what I am hearing you say you might have, would result in a sale of books in the several hundred to several thousand dollar range. At the NY Comic show, I proposed this exact scenario to a dealer who had a bunch of raw books. Obviously, he was busy at the show and could not get a list together for me. So on Tuesday of the following week, he sent me a list of 30 books. I needed 23 of them resulting in a sale totalling $3600. I would like to think it was worth his time. Books that he has probably been lugging from show to show for a couple of years trying to sell for 50-75% of what he got. You asked me a question if there was a specific genre within Four Color that I was trying to collect and I responded no. I do not feel I am being difficult.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to read almost daily posts from you that prices for comics are too expensive, so it would seem to me that if you truly felt that way, that spending an hour poring through long boxes looking for books that, based on what I am hearing you say you might have, would result in a sale of books in the several hundred to several thousand dollar range.

Well you are wrong, as if I actually rummaged through my long boxes, and just pulled out valuable books I wanted to sell, I would save lots of time and make more money.

When it comes to comics, I am lazy about selling, and I would only do this to help the guy out. But if he refuses to tell me what he needs, then it's a one-way street and I ain't driving. It's pretty basic, especially since I'm NOT a dealer.

But it's his right to hide his Want List and ask us to do 100% of the legwork in the dark, but I cannot believe people on here are telling me I'm wrong for not wanting to play. foreheadslap.gif

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to read almost daily posts from you that prices for comics are too expensive, so it would seem to me that if you truly felt that way, that spending an hour poring through long boxes looking for books that, based on what I am hearing you say you might have, would result in a sale of books in the several hundred to several thousand dollar range.

Well you are wrong, as if I actually rummaged through my long boxes, and just pulled out valuable books I wanted to sell, I would save lots of time and make more money.

When it comes to comics, I am lazy about selling, and I would only do this to help the guy out. But if he refuses to tell me what he needs, then it's a one-way street and I ain't driving. It's pretty basic, especially since I'm NOT a dealer.

But it's his right to hide his Want List and ask us to do 100% of the legwork in the dark, but I cannot believe people on here are telling me I'm wrong for not wanting to play. foreheadslap.gif

ANGRY is no way to go through life. You will live a lot longer and enjoy the ride a whole lot more if you just put down the half empty glass and take a nice long drink from the half full one

Peace