• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 300 VS GIJOE 21

56 posts in this topic

But the sheer number of ASM 300's has to be 50:1 vs Joe 21. Subtract production flaws though and that falls to 20:1. And I'd still rather have a 300.

hunting down ASM 300s? not much of a hunt. seems like there are 50 for sale at any given time. granted, there's one guy who has bought hundreds in slabs 9.4 and better who has probably distorted the market a bit.

a lot of people are hunting down GI Joe 21, not as many as ASM 300, but whatever the print-run (and I agree that Gi Joe was pretty popular then, so it was high for both), there are vastly more high grade ASM 300s, so there are fewer for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-21-NM-SNAKE-E...1QQcmdZViewItem

ooh, didn't know it went into a third print! yikes. that certainly confuses things.

i dunno though, if i HAD to spend $100 on a slab of either of these, I'd probably go for the 9.4 (one up for $75 right now) or maybe 9.6 #21 over the 9.2 - 9.4 ASM 300 I might be able to get for that much. i honestly believe that the ASM 300 slabbed price might be getting propped up by a few guys buying tons of them hoping to dump them when venom gets featured in a movie.

(full disclosure: I sold my slabbed 9.4 ASM 300 (white pages) last year for what I considered a disappointing price of $99.99, I own no other slabbed copies, although I have a couple of mid-grade raw copies. I'm pretty sure I don't have a Joe 21)

Which book is hotter? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know which book is hotter, but there's no question that G.I. Joe #21 is better. I despise the entire McFarlane Spidey run. I despise TMac's cartoony art that spawned throngs of even worse imitators and I hate what they did to Peter and MJ story-wise, sending Peter on book signings and MJ on modeling shoots when she's not being kidnapped by model-happy stalkers - this is supposed to be Peter "Hard Luck Nice Guy" Parker, not Peter "I'm a Celebrity Photographer Married to a Supermodel" Parker. You know what I have to say to that travesty? F893censored-thumb.gif THAT S893censored-thumb.gif. sumo.gif

And while we're slaying the sacred cows of a dark time in comics history, let me say that VENOM IS THE WORST SPIDEY VILLAIN EVER CREATED. Yes, he's even worse than Rocket Racer, the Grizzly, the Kangaroo and the Mindworm - at least those losers only appeared in a very small number of issues instead of irrevocably polluting ASM continuity for years and years and years. Again, Spider-Man is all about a hard luck nice guy, who we can all relate to, who learns that with great power comes great responsibility. He fights villains - the all too HUMAN villains - who succumb to the HUMAN weakness of being corrupted by great power. It is NOT about Spidey going off to another planet to fight a Secret War and then having his alien symbiote costume turn into a brain-eating monster who threatens his supermodel wife.

So 893censored-thumb.gif Todd McFarlane, 893censored-thumb.gif Venom and 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif ASM 300. sign-rantpost.gif

Please....don't hold back. flowerred.gif

Some things just gotta be said. All this moral relativism on this Board is a load of 893censored-thumb.gif. Funny how the people who point an accusing finger at people claiming "Oh, so what you're saying is that what you collect is good and what I collect is 893censored-thumb.gif" are the same people who wouldn't hesitate to pass judgment over, say, Rob Liefeld's art. The fact is, not all comics and comic creators are created equal. Certainly there is room in this universe for someone who holds the opinion that ASM 300 is a steaming load of dung? confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh yeah, and one more thing: YO JOE!!! headbang.gif