• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

26 posts in this topic

Yes. Like him or hate him Chuck usually has the inventory you're looking for to fill in runs. His fines and VF were getting a bit too pricey so I dropped down to VG. I have to say, if you're looking for a VG book, Chuck's are usually the best looking of VG books.

I don't have a lot of experience in buying VG books mail order, so I can't comment on Chuck's VGs.

I have heard that before, that once you get into lower grades with Mile High, their grading actually tightens up.

I have heard that before, that once you get into lower grades with Mile High, their grading actually tightens up

It certainly couldn't get any worse! MH's website is good for cover reference, and that's about it. Not even a great selection of "NM" advertised (and we know what those are like) Silver books and they are way over-priced when they do have them. CGC prices are laughable. I've never bought their lower end stuff as I was terrified, after buying an "NM" TTA#57, that a "VG" book would be nothing more than shredded newspaper.

rantpost.gif

Chris

If you want a particular book, Metro can probably find it for you. The only problem is that if it is a high demand book (esp. GA), you will probably have to pay a substantial premium for it. Their grading appears to be fine.

They will take back any book which you are not happy with. In fact, if they know you, Steve will be more than willing to ship out the books to you and let you pay after you have received and "approved" the books.

No problems dealing with them again if they have high-grade books at reasonable prices. That appears to be the dilemma for me in the current marketplace. smile.gif