• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh the Hypocrisy, So Bad I Have to Laugh

25 posts in this topic

I was reading the Responses to Making The Grade - Part 1 from your link and noticed CGC's QC guy commenting. Anyone else catch that?

I am assuming it wasn't done in any official capacity since it just lists his residence under his name and no title. I am also assuming it is the same Ron Montuori from the Tampa Bay area. My bad if it is not him.

If that is him, I have a newfound respect for him. What he wrote sounds precisely like several posts I've read right here on this forum.

Whichever Ron Montouri it is deserves a big kudos thumbsup2.gif

Something else I picked up from that article:

Editor's note: The grading definitions, something for which we've not previously received much in the way of feedback, will be back in the Guide next year.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Ok so I went and read the responses. It was like watching "The Insider" where they line up the 7 CEO's of Big Tobacco and have them state for the record that, "I believe that nicotine is non-addictive."

Yup, between Scoop`s line up of pro-pressing voices and the very public display of dealer support for the 9.8 Hulk Annual, it`s clear there has been a public closing of ranks on the pressing issue.

I was reading the Responses to Making The Grade - Part 1 from your link and noticed CGC's QC guy commenting. Anyone else catch that?

I am assuming it wasn't done in any official capacity since it just lists his residence under his name and no title. I am also assuming it is the same Ron Montuori from the Tampa Bay area. My bad if it is not him.

If that is him, I have a newfound respect for him. What he wrote sounds precisely like several posts I've read right here on this forum.

Also sounds like he's planning on leaving CGC and setting up as a dealer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I spoke to Ron Montouri in Chicago last year and he said he didn't work for CGC anymore. He said that he occasionally helps them out with on-site grading, but that's it.