• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look like a 9.6??

10 posts in this topic

All right...I am a Welcome Back Kotter Fan...and am looking to get the entire series in 9.4 or better...

I've been keeping an eye out for these books and here are the first 2 issues...I have 2 problems with this auction.

1) Spectre52 does not have the best rep to say the least and 2

2) The book looks very choppy on the right side

I know, I know, buy the book, not the slab...but just wanted your opinions please!

Thanks!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

I've dealt with Matt (Spectre52) before. He runs Classics Incroporated. Also, he has bought a book from me and restored one of mine. I never had a problem. If you have any questions email him and he'll respond quickly. He always has with me.

2) The book looks very choppy on the right side

Probably just production problems.

I can't believe anyone would be trimming Welcome Back Kotters... foreheadslap.gif

ditto. Matt actually has a good rep, not a bad one.

Roy.

I apologize if that is the case... sorry.gif...I thought that I read somewhere to watch out for auctions from spectre52...sincerest apologies if I've offended anyone...

That's cool. People have an issue with Matt being a dealer and a restorer, and with his pressing of some books but not sharing that info unless asked, but he does have a good rep in the industry and also a lot of knowledge. I believe him to be an honest dealer. I didn't take any offense, just didn't want to be unfair, that's all.

Have bought many books from him. Not sure if they were pressed or not but he always packs with bomb proof packing and ships out the books within a day or so.