• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Dinner for Heroe's anyone?

90 posts in this topic

Anybody interested in having a forum dinner or a get together during the Heroe's con? I am a little hesitant to start reserving a room and all that without some sort of head count.

Lemme know your plans and we can move forward as we get closer to the date.

Arex

i'll be there, but leaving my wife out of it.

it's really for the best. you all understand, i'm sure.

i'd love to hear people's thoughts on food. there are a couple of really good steakhouses not that far off from where the con is, but if there is a desire to eat downtown, there are other options available

I'll be there friday. thumbsup2.gif
You bringing Zonker with you Mike?

At this point, that's affirmative! thumbsup2.gif

Z? confused-smiley-013.gif

Friday it is! I'll need to get back Friday night and my family is hitting the road Saturday morning for the in-laws' cabin in Ashe County, so an early Friday evening event would be appreciated here! 893crossfingers-thumb.gifangel.gif

Sounds pretty good. Lets set a price point aswell. It is always nice to know how much you are spending.

I wonder if we shouldnt just get together and walk into a place. I dont have the $$$ to try and reserve a place (and then hope that everyone shows). Im sure we could just go to a place or make reservations when we figure out the number going.

How does Friday sound? That would allow us to try and get Banner and Zonker involved.

What say you guys?

Friday is fine by me.

a dollar range amount would be definitely something to discuss. remember, every dollar you spend on food is another dollar you can't spend on books

UNO's UNO's UNO's yay.gif

I love UNOs. That was the one chain restaurant I missed the most when I moved back down South. sign-offtopic.gif Fortunately we have one in the Triangle now. My wife & I went there for lunch last week and they've brought back the Bianco pizza (white pizza, no tomato sauce, but lots of garlic). cloud9.gif

Is there one near the con in downtown Charlotte? Oops I mean "uptown." rolleyes.gif

I love UNOs. That was the one chain restaurant I missed the most when I moved back down South. sign-offtopic.gif Fortunately we have one in the Triangle now. My wife & I went there for lunch last week and they've brought back the Bianco pizza (white pizza, no tomato sauce, but lots of garlic). cloud9.gif

Is there one near the con in downtown Charlotte? Oops I mean "uptown." rolleyes.gif

Not even 30 yards from the convention poke2.gif

or

WILD WINGS cloud9.gif

Sal? poke2.gif

I think both of those places sound great! They dont seem to be very expensive, probably have a variety of foods to choose from, and frosty beverages (if thats your style cloud9.gif). Plus, they probably have the ability to handle groups at little notice.

So, are we kinda nailing down Friday as the day for the dinner?

nothing goes with high grade funnybooks like buffalo wings and pizza.

foreheadslap.gif

Jeff, we're going to the Palomino on Saturday i think. supposed to be the best restaurant downtown...but it's a $25 entree kind of spot, so probably not good for this crowd

poke2.gif