• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM LEE headlines COMIC EXPO at FAN EXPO CANADA SEPT 1-3/06

82 posts in this topic

Honestly I Would like to have something signed by both of them But 400 is a bit much I would probably pay 200 but not 400.

You're looking at $230 for something signed by both.

GOLD TICKET $229

- Includes SECOND PRIORITY reserved seating at Q&A session

- William Shatner, in-person autograph, on an item of your choice.

- Leonard Nimoy, in-person autograph, on an item of your choice

VIP TICKET $399

- Includes FIRST PRIORITY reserved seating at Q&A session

- 8x10 photo with William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy and YOU!

- Exclusive 40th Anniversary Star Trek badge

- William Shatner, in-person autograph, on an item of your choice.

- Leonard Nimoy, in-person autograph, on an item of your choice.

- Free Deluxe Admission to the Expo

I am sorry the extra 30 is a deal breaker. See I would have them sign a copy of star trek # 1 for my SS colection. So I am already into it for 230 once you include the grading cost I wouldn't go to 260

plus canadian shipping so you're out $300 insane.gif

I was just on the website and I noticed that the box office opens early in the morning on tomorrow. Does that mean no more 3 hour wait to buy tickets on Friday afternoon? If so, kudos to all in the smart planning, and I look forward to attending on a Friday again.

Jim

I didn't go, but here are a couple of reviews I could find. Starts at reply #98:

http://www.comicbookconventions.com/forum/index.php?topic=3261.90

I would love to know more about this quote:

"Next ... no favouritism .. how was it that everyone who won a Jim Lee Sketch on the third day all were best friends with the staff at hobbystar .... coincedence ? .. I think NOT !!!"

popcorn.gif

I would love to know more about this quote:

"Next ... no favouritism .. how was it that everyone who won a Jim Lee Sketch on the third day all were best friends with the staff at hobbystar .... coincedence ? .. I think NOT !!!"

popcorn.gif

Whatever this person was smoking, he should either smoke more or stop altogether!!! This is without a doubt, the biggest load of BS I have ever read and I can only make these claims because I was actually there. To be perfectly clear, I wasn't there in any assisting capacity, but just as a fan of Jim Lee. Readers of this post can judge for themselves whether there was really any "coincidence".

There were approximately 200 tickets handed out for the Jim Lee signing on Sunday, which was scheduled for 2 hours. The matching 200 were put into a box and shuffled. After Jim arrived, he was explained the ticketing process and the decision was left up to him how many sketches he wanted to do. He pulled what looked to be 20 tickets out of the box himself. When Joe fan got to the front of the line, if his ticket matched up with one that Jim pulled out, he was given a sketch by Jim. One more note, Jim didn't stop till everyone with a ticket had either autographs and or sketches.

I am not defending Hobbystar, just basic right and wrong. A rhetorical question, why is it when someone doesn't get what he wants, it's always someone else's fault?