• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS/FT: 1976 Overstreet Price Guide softcover - NM

7 posts in this topic

Picked this up at a local shop. I can scan it if anyone is interested. It looks like it just came off the new release shelf. No writing in it and pages are as white as they were when printed.

I find it amazing to see some of the bronze age books that were only a couple years old not registering as keys and going for under $1.

Hulk 181 - .30

ASM 129 - .40

X-men 94 - .30

Giant-Size X-men 1 - .80 (woh there!)

and then

Amazing Fantasy 15 - $160

Action Comics 1 - $ 4200 (subnote- prices vary widely on this book.)

Also only 8 grades - Pristine Mint, Mint, NM, Fine, VG, Good, Fair, Poor

This is pretty cool to see what these books went for. Oh if I had a time machine.

Yeah, not sure how that affects the grade. I would compare it to a date stamp or date writing. It's the stamp or sticker from the store it was originally purchased at in 1976 and a few of these I have seen have the same stamp on the cover.

This is common in mint-on-card action figures where store price stickers are still there.

It doesn't apply to comics, and I wouldn't think it applies to overstreets as most didn't get sold with stickers, whereas toys did. It's a defect, similar to tape in my opinion and the grade can be significantly lowered if the residue has damaged the cover.

It doesn't apply to comics, and I wouldn't think it applies to overstreets as most didn't get sold with stickers, whereas toys did. It's a defect, similar to tape in my opinion and the grade can be significantly lowered if the residue has damaged the cover.

Other books with stickers get downgraded for store stickers, some severely, and I can't imagine why an OS wouldn't. confused-smiley-013.gif