• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early TMNT?

23 posts in this topic

Can somebody please remind me which issues of TMNT do not currently fit into the comic CGC slab? Is it just 1, or is it 1 to 4?

Also, are the prices on these issues going to get silly like the Cerebus #1?

Can somebody please remind me which issues of TMNT do not currently fit into the comic CGC slab? Is it just 1, or is it 1 to 4?

Also, are the prices on these issues going to get silly like the Cerebus #1?

Issues 1, 2, 3, 4, TMNT: Raphael one-shot, and Fugatoid are all in Magazine format. acclaim.gif

#1 will definitely get stupid. The rest not as much due to higher supply. I've already heard reports of high grade #1s selling for up to $1300 just in anticipation of slabbing!

#1 will definitely get stupid. The rest not as much due to higher supply. I've already heard reports of high grade #1s selling for up to $1300 just in anticipation of slabbing!

What do you think the 2nd prints will get? Didn't #1 have something like 9 printings??? 893whatthe.gif

Cerebus only had 2000/1600 print run....but Id have to say that TMNT is far more valuable due to its far greater "cultural significance" For everyone who knows who the heck Cerebus is, there's 100 people (more?) who grew up with the Turtles, and even wore their pajamas, and drank from the glasses and thermoses!!

You could almost predict the day would come when TMNT#1 would return commanding big bucks!!

Any idea when the TMNT movie might make it to the theaters?

I've got a batch of the original TMNT figures (opened, played with, etc) that I'd like to pawn off when the TMNT fever gets stoked by the movie. May not get much for the ones that I have even then, but it will give me a good shot to maximize what I get plus get rid of the box of darned things.

I may have to pick up some TMNT issues. I loved the original TMNT. They were wicked! Cutting up peoples heads and [!@#%^&^]. All that kid stuff ruined it for me though! Maybe it is time to get back into it.

The early issues were great. It amazing to see all the characters from the 1980's that are back. A number of cartoon characters are now back also.

Hi guys,

I too liked the Turtles when I was growing up. In fact, I remember passing by a table with the first few issues laying on them for sale, and picking them up back in 1984........great stuff for the time!

Anyway, in the spirit of this thread, I thought I'd share a piece of art that I picked up recently. This is the original wraparound cover to TMNT #3. Enjoy!

http://www.nighthawkcomics.com/art/eastman-tmnt3.jpg