• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Big Thing....

4 posts in this topic

Granted, we collect comics because we love them. Still, in the back of our minds (or maybe in the front) there's the thought that someday the kids may need braces, you may need to pay some bills or the family may like a trip to Disney World for vacation.

We've all seen what the movies can do for a character's popularity and the prices of key back issues. So, the question is: Are there any speculators out there? Would you purchase a NM copy of Fear #10 just in the hopes that the yet-to-be-produced Man-Thing movie becomes a big hit? How about Fantastic Four keys or Ghost Rider? Batman and Superman back issues?

Well, I buy FF back issues more b/c I like the book, than b/c of word of a movie. If they go up in value, great for me! But, I don't plan on selling them anytime soon. Same w/ most of the back issues I buy.

However, there is always an exception to the rule, and I did buy a Marvel Premier #15 just last week....... grin.gif

Chris