• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 116

31 posts in this topic

Definitely in the 8.5 to 9.0 range Frederic. Was this the infamous Mr. Pym book and are you going to get it graded? Just curious. My 9.0 is on it's way to Jimbo as we speak. Thanks for the reco!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Yes, it's the infamous Mr. Pym copy!

And yes, it's going to CGC tomorrow and I'm 893crossfingers-thumb.gif for a Universal 8.5 grade.

I would not mind 9.0, but I would prefer that CGC graders put their pink glasses for my Mass. Copy ST 103 that will be sent along with that ST 116 devil.gif (plus Burntboy's copy of ST 120!)

Fred, looks the guys are giving you some pretty good grading there. It certainly was a nice book. Here's hoping the guys at the 'laborochtory' agree.

In a small coincidence, I received my replacement copy from pedigree on the weekend. The 9.6 with hideous qp. Based on that I'm hanging up my Strange Tales collecting gloves for a while I think.

i agree with king 9.0 and what the heck is provenance divad?

What, they don't have dik-shun-air-eez in Kentucky? 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

I'm not from kentucky originally stupid [embarrassing lack of self control] and you should stop using big words out of context. poke2.gif I'm sure it came (sorry provenanced) from 7-11.

i agree with king 9.0 and what the heck is provenance divad?

What, they don't have dik-shun-air-eez in Kentucky? 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

I'm not from kentucky originally stupid [embarrassing lack of self control] and you should stop using big words out of context. poke2.gif I'm sure it came (sorry provenanced) from 7-11.

More intelligent commentary? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well if this was a bronze age book I'd give it an 8.5. Some might grade it 9.0 due to it being an early Marvel but I think if you compare it with BA 9.0's you'd have to grade it lower. OMHO of course.

Fred,

Nice book . . . do you know it's provenance? Is that color touch in the ULFC? The URFC is soft and that appears to be some "spattering " on the FC. Also extra ink at spine above word balloon 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to say Apparent 8.0

-d

They all look like that David.

Mine was posted a week ago.

My guess is the issue was rushed and the art looks like it. tongue.gif

yup - both my copies had/have (one sold to Brulato) the same blotch/ smear over the things word balloon/torch's right elbow, as well as the two/tone look in the green logo box ULC.

being the only (?) marvel greytone of the silver age may have had something to do with it???

i'd think this book was an 8.5 - 9.0 until one considers the couple of coffee(?) stains on the front cover. will be interested in the final CGC grade on this one and the #120 that used to be my spare copy............(the original one also sold to TB..........).

i'm gonna guess 8.0 on the 116 and 8.5 on the 120...................... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That is a VERY nice 116.I think it has a strong shot at 8.5.Either way,you did get it for a very fair price and it isn't terribly common in grade.I am also curious about what grade it will receive.Please let us know.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

That is a VERY nice 116.I think it has a strong shot at 8.5.Either way,you did get it for a very fair price and it isn't terribly common in grade.I am also curious about what grade it will receive.Please let us know.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

A very fair price indeed. When I compare that book with the other CGC 8.5 Strange Tales that I have, this one should make that grade easily... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The book is on its way to sunny Florida...I'll let you know in 3 weeks 893crossfingers-thumb.gif