• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price difference of Canada and U.S. comics!

2 posts in this topic

Finally Joe Q. addresses the currency exchange that are more intune of the cost and strength of the Loonie! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Newsarama: Joe, before we get to more Readers Questions this week, one track of questions that has been a constant with readers is the issue of Canadian pricing, more specifically the fact that Canadian Suggested Retail prices are out of line with the value of the strengthening Canadian dollar versus the U.S. dollar.

We’ve asked this question a few times in the past and you’ve asked that we hold off, but for a pretty good reason. We understand you’re ready to talk about that reason this week?

Joe Quesada: Yeah, I saw folks here getting upset about it, that I was ducking for cover and as you guys know full well, I do my best to take on all comers here on Joe Fridays, I think that’s what makes it fun. But, there are times when I need to hold off on an answer for a bit because there’s one coming, it just has to be in good time. So, today I can report that we will be adjusting the price of our Canadian books to be more in line with the strengthening Canadian dollar. There will be more news on this a little further down the line.

By the way, from this point on we will be referring to Canada as New Canada…

Newsarama