• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Pictures...Thankx for your input!!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Hi I have come into some great comic books and alot of them are in a plastic sleeve with a little sticker in the top right hand corner (of the plastic sleeve) saying "NM" i know this means near mint but this does not look like a professional grading how do I get these comics professionally graded with a CGC grading? Where do I begin? confused-smiley-013.gifThanks for any help and suggestions!!!

If you don't know anything about grading, I suggest you buy the Overstreet Grading Guide. Look it over, then look over your books with a critical eye. If you want to know values, go for the Overstreet Price Guide or scan completed auctions on eBay. Figure out what you think are the best issues then post scans. Everyone here has an opinion and no fear of sharing it.

Do your homework before sending anything off to be professionally graded. Be aware that at least 99% of all comics with a NM sticker on the bag are not only in less than Near Mint condition, but are not worth having professionally graded even if they are.

Most comics published in the last 30 - 40 years have fair market value that is far less than price guide value. Most comic books published in the last 30 years have a fair market value that is less than the grading fees, even when they are in nice shape. Still there are viable candidates for slabbing (assuming an intent to sell) from every era. Once you get into the 1980s and afterwards the list becomes pretty short, and in many cases only copies that look NICER than most do when they are brand new have a potential resale value that would make professional grading viable.

IMG_0017.jpg

This one might have been a candidate, but the top right corner is the killer. A great book and important modern but the right edge and the entire area under the M in Man looks like it has been crinkled. Enjoy the book but it is not worth getting graded. Sorry.

Scott

there is a glare from my window that is in the top right i am gonna retake it right now ....it is smooth as a babys behind there.........i promise

Mebbe so, but even a baby's got a crack in it's behind . . . 27_laughing.gif

7.5 sumo.gif

IMG_0024.jpg

spidey300.jpg

Here are a couple of pics i just did. The lighting here is not very good and a flash just leaves a glare. I will wait until daylight so I can use some natural sunlight to take more pics to show you a better view of the cover to show that the corner is smooth and not crinkled. Thankx for your input. Kellie 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Generally most books past 1975 aren't worth much unless they are ultra-high grade. So it's not wise to get them slabbed.