• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going to Chicago! Thanks for the suggestions last time in Boston!

32 posts in this topic

ill be in chicago in july cool.gif my bro said to check out gibsons steak house, he says it's the best he's ever had any where including zoo york city. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

Going to a Cubs game on the 15th Anybody wanna scarf a Chi dog or 3?

ill be in chicago in july cool.gif my bro said to check out gibsons steak house, he says it's the best he's ever had any where including zoo york city. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

Going to a Cubs game on the 15th Anybody wanna scarf a Chi dog or 3?

The last time I was in Chicago, we went to go see a Cubs game and one of the staff members of the Stadium approached my wife and me and gave us free tickets!

(Behind home plate..about 15 rows up.)

Someone had two tickets they couldn't use so they asked the stadium to give them away... Sosa homered twice that game! thumbsup2.gif

If you want a good steak, there are much better places than Gibsons. Chop House, Gene and Georgetti's, Ruth's Chris, and Mortons come immediately to mind. confused-smiley-013.gif

http://www.chicagochophouse.com/hasflash.htm

paging dount...paging donut gossip.gifpopcorn.gif

Gibsons is literally across the street from the con, which is 30 minutes or so from downtown. That's why the dinner is there every year. Doesn't get much more convenient than that...

I wouldn't call them MUCH better, I'd say they're all comparable - allowing for opinions. I do personally like Ruth's Chris.

Ruth Chris is a nationwide chain... I have one here in my town.

He should go to a distinctly Chicago-Only restaurant. A local institution.

(I spent seven years growing up in Chicago... my first comics were purchased by my brother under the EL station.)

How bout Chop House or Gene and Georgetti's then? cool.gif

What EL station would that have been under? Speaking of which, I gotta split from work and take the el home myself, here.

I think it was Argyle Station.

Used to live in Northern Chicago pretty close to the Lake (walking distance). They used to sell comics in the station on the ground floor.

When I visited Chicago, I went by my old house, school, etc... I also stopped by the EL station but they don't carry comics there anymore. (It was in the 70's)

Well since the cubs are out of town during this weekend I picked up a pair of White Sox tickets to atleast check out one ball game out there. Hmmm what else to do... tongue.gif