• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Dell Giant 41

15 posts in this topic

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here with my first post to ask for grading opinions. I've been away from collecting for about 10 yrs and am just now trying to get to know the 10 pt system. I am unsure of how to handle a book like this. How much does that big crease drop the grade of an otherwise beautiful (IMO) book?dellgnt41fc.jpgdellgnt41bc.jpg

Thanks for any opinions. Oh, and... hello!

Doesn't appear to break color 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . pardon my ignorance, but is this a valuable book? It appears to be an ideal "pressing candidate" blush.gif

I otherwise agree with a heart-breaking 7.0 sorry.gif

A very tough one to grade. I know CGC would go lower, but I'd say a 7.0. You can only take off so much for one defect before the grade does not accurately reflect the book. Watch out for Divad though. 27_laughing.gif

Now if only your Avengers #4 looked this good . . . 27_laughing.gif

Doesn't appear to break color 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . pardon my ignorance, but is this a valuable book? It appears to be an ideal "pressing candidate" blush.gif

I otherwise agree with a heart-breaking 7.0 sorry.gif

hey i looked up ig noor ance in the kentucky dictionary and it had your picture divad 893whatthe.gifpoke2.gif

Thanks for the input. The 9.2 value in OSPG is $240 and 6.0 = $36.

The crease *is* color breaking in the middle (across the sled). The rest of it is not. It is indeed heartbreaking.

Yes, but a great collector's copy nonetheless thumbsup2.gif

A very tough one to grade. I know CGC would go lower, but I'd say a 7.0. You can only take off so much for one defect before the grade does not accurately reflect the book. Watch out for Divad though. 27_laughing.gif

I agree. Too bad it clocks in at a 5.5-6.0. hi.gif

27_laughing.gif which book are you talking about? 27_laughing.gif

6.5 sounds about right. Great looking book.

I wonder how people would grade it if the same crease was on the back and not the front. That's a question that hasn't been addressed to my knowledge. Do you treat back and front cover defects the same? I always give a break to books where the damage is on the back....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

6.5 sounds about right. Great looking book.

I wonder how people would grade it if the same crease was on the back and not the front. That's a question that hasn't been addressed to my knowledge. Do you treat back and front cover defects the same? I always give a break to books where the damage is on the back....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Divad doesn't give breaks for BC. Had this crease been on the back I'd say a 7.5. I think that's about top out for a book with a crease of that size.

27_laughing.gif which book are you talking about? 27_laughing.gif

You didn't see it?!? Well, it's this freakin' sweet Avengers #4 that's got some BC damage. I'm sure you can come up with some good reasoninhg behind your grade good sir, so lemme link you to it:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1238449

hi.gifpopcorn.gif