• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharp mid-grade FF # 1 for sale.

21 posts in this topic

Super nice book with Off-White pages. Sharp edges. Equally nice back cover (which I will either have to attach or email to interested parties as my ImageHost is not accepting it for some reason). Its only "flaw" is that it has minor professional CT and thus garnered a SLIGHT RESTORATION designation from CGC. I should also point out that it is an "old label", if that means anything to ya.

No Chipping. No tanning or dust shadows. No corner creases. An extremely solid copy of this major key.

According to GPA, an unrestored 5.5 last sold for $5,000. A 5.0 with heavy chipping & CRM/OW pages recently went for $3,700 on ebay. This copy looks every bit as nice as any 6.0 (which would go for $6,500 if unrestored), and can be had for about half the going rate of a 5.5. My price is $2,700. Finding as nice a book structurally for under $3k (unrestored or not) is not an easy thing.

I can accept paypal or time payments under certain circumstances. PM me if interested.

1148445727166_FF1CGC50r.jpg

1243073-FF1back.GIF.f153d641bf173295b465a41099b113cb.GIF

Bargain!

Where's the color touch exactly, one spot or more than one? Did you get the work done yourself or buy it already restored?

Not sure where it is, as I didn't submit the book myself. Its kinda hard to say for sure where it is looking through the holder. Its really a nice book.

Nice example of a mid range book 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yes.

I'd be very happy with it.

Too bad I don't have $2700.00. frown.gif

Any idea what smacked this book down to 5.5? I don't see anything in the scans that would warrant that grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

You see the water stain top center right?

If it goes though the book that would drop a 7.0/7.5 to a 5.5. frown.gif

Hmmm looks like maybe I have seen this fantastic four before?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm wait a minute I DID!!! .---->.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180000015991&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

Not the same book, sorry. There is no stain above the 't' on the ebay copy and the page quality is lesser as well.

Let's put all the speculation to rest...

Not the same book. Not even close. One has pro CT, the other Amateur, so I'm expecting bleed-through or some other painfully obvious sign of amateur work on the copy I won on ebay. That alone will warrant the difference in price.

Also, the scan quality of the one with Amateur CT is horrible, which is why the price didn't go higher....most people won't pay a premium for a book with amateur work they can't scrutinize because you never know how bad it really looks. Plus, its hard to tell from the pics provided whether its even a nice 5.5. I took a chance and paid an undermarket price. Ask yourself, would YOU have bid on that auction with those quality scans? Who knows what the heck I'll get? confused-smiley-013.gif

Unlike this book, which as Beyonder noted, is a helluva nice book for a 5.5, and its certainly a candidate for resubmission, not like a bump from 5.5 to 6.0 would matter much financially if restored though.

Whatever happened to "Buy the book, not the label" or does that adage only apply when the book is priced cheap AND looks very strong for the grade indicated? Its priced at about half of what an unrestored comparable copy would sell for....might not be worth it to you, but to someone looking for a nice FF # 1 in this price range, it might be a better alternative then the creased and chipped VG 4.0s you'll get for $2700.

Lastly, the stain at the top edge of the book doesn't go through the whole book, it looks to be on the front cover only. The second color scan also makes it more pronounced then it really is; it is not as prominent as it appears when the book is in front of you.

Hope that helps.

That's definitely an example of a book that I wouldn't mind having a restored copy of.Sure looks like a 6.5 to me.Wish I had that much "foliage"in my wallet right now.The colour strike is certainly NOT lacking.I doubt you'll have it long.It would probably sell quick at a major show.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif