• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your most valueable comic?

60 posts in this topic

Hi, my first post here... Hello to everyone.

My most valueable comic is just an Avengers #4 CGC 8.0... pffu...

Comics are not cheap for us, little frenchies...

But Euro currency is now getting stronger, at last !

Dollar wise, my most valuable book is my Batman 4 (low VGish) - stands out as a sore thumb as I only have about 50 or so Golden Age books and nothing else comes close. Sentimentally, my most valuable book is my CrimeSuspenStories #22 but it's got lousy page quality mad.gif

The book that I (personally) place the most value on is this perfectly centered, colorful, white paged copy of the 1st appearance of 'ole Greyskin wink.gif

hulk1.jpg

I only collect Bronze & Modern comics, so I don't have any Gold & Silver gems to

show off, but among the Bronze stuff, I've got a number of nice pieces including:

Giant-Size X-Men #1 CGC 9.6 oww

Amazing Spider-Man #121 CGC 9.6 white

Amazing Spider-Man #122 CGC 9.6 oww

Amazing Spider-Man #129 CGC 9.6 white

Will eventually get the X-Men #94 CGC 9.6 and the Hulk #181 CGC 9.6 to complete

the Ultimate Marvel Bronze set (I don't count the price variant oddities in this set),

but as you all know, I think there will come a time in the next 2-3 years when they

will be a lot cheaper than they are today and I am content to wait until then.

Gene

Murph, you won't have any problem getting at least $10,000 for your (U) 8.0 spidey # 1.

Otherwise, my most valuable comic is Marvel Two in One #35. It still has my name in it from when i first got it....

I would have to say X-Men #1 (1963). Unslabbed possibly FN grade. THEN there is X-Men #2 (1963) that is more like a VF+ also unslabbed.

These are not CGC'd because I do not have immediate access and wouldn't sell either one anyway.

Somebody said there was an Action #1 in 9.0 or something but there is an unrestored 9.4... over $1,000,000.00 - - - - - There are about 500 copies (from PR to NM) most pretty reasonable.. An investment in even a restored copy of $20,000.00 could net you as much as $500,000.00 shortly ( 3-5 years)These books are on FIRE.

Most valuable

Detective Comics 27

Action Comics 1

Whiz #2

The "Ashcan/Copyrights"

Special Edition 1

Suspense 3

All American 16

Batman 2

Superman 1

Batman 1

Detective Comics 29,33,38

Any others? New Thread?

"Frenchies love comics too!"

I thought French people didn't much like Americans? I assumed that also extended to American culture, which would include comics. Do you think there are many vintage comics collectors in France like yourself?

Somebody said there was an Action #1 in 9.0 or something but there is an unrestored 9.4... over $1,000,000.00 - - - - -

There is (so far in the census) an unrestored 8.5 and a restored 9.0.

As for an unrestored 9.4, who knows? JP offered a cool million for one, but... so could I since the chances of an honest-to-goodness 9.4 Action 1 surfacing are pretty damned slim.

I mean, until the Mile High Action 1 resurfaces we just have no idea. As far as I know that particular copy has been under wraps since the 80s (has it moved since?) but that would be the only NM candidate that I know of and who knows what shape it's really in (8.5-9.9?)

Most valuable

Detective Comics 27

Action Comics 1

Whiz #2

The "Ashcan/Copyrights"

Special Edition 1

Suspense 3

All American 16

Batman 2

Superman 1

Batman 1

Detective Comics 29,33,38

Any others? New Thread?

For starters, you're missing two books that have garnered actual record high prices paid for a comic book- Captain America Comics 1 and Marvel Comics 1.

I believe the Mile High Action 1 is restored, actually, let's just say that I heard it has some form of restoration. Or maybe it's just conserved? Anyhow, call it what you will, but that's what I heard...

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

With that in mind I'll pay $2,000,000* for an unrestored NM copy! Check me out! I'm a bigger spender than JP!