• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeritageComics vs. E-bay...?!

30 posts in this topic

I don't think they do, but they will accept a CC over the phone. Or you can send them a check. I've done both and not had any problems. It just takes a while for checks to clear, so if you're in a hurry you can pay over the phone.

Yep, I've long complained about the BP..it's B.S. IMO. They're making enough money that they don't really need it.

Brian

That BP is obscene. But I always factor that in to my maximum bids. And I've still gotten some good deals.

I asked, because using my CC over the phone (being a Canadian and all), I usually get dinged for exchange rates and service charges up the wahoo!!!

Oh! I don't know what they do then. But I don't think they take PayPal under any circumstances, except maybe for their eBay auctions.

but...do they accept Paypal?

They've recently begun to accept paypal on their Ebay auctions.

Re Heritage:

Huge negative: BUYER'S PREMIUM

I bought some stuff in March here in NYC. It was extremely smooth. The guys are all nice enough and they had really good food and drink completely free. Kinda cool. The sales tax part wasn't so cool (only for NY and TX res), but what are you going to do.

DAM

Ah Yes, the juice is a very big negative. Buying from Heritage is a huge disadvantage for me because I live in Texas and I have to pay an additional 8.25% sales tax on top of the 15% juice. I've bought only 4 books from them.

The service and fast delivery were excellent.

I usually buy something from every Heritage auction. I've bought both comics (both raw and CGC Graded) and art. Their customer service is pretty good and with the exception of my current lot which, for some inexplicable reason is being sent via UPS Ground, their shipping is usually lighting fast. I pay on Monday after the auction my books are in my hands on Friday or Saturday. Prices I've paid have ranged expensive to cheap depending on the lot.

All in all I have no complaints about Heritage- except for them sending my books via UPS Ground of course 893censored-thumb.gif

Me too, though I get packages fine - My Mom even buys her comics from them as well. The way they ship Original art is phenomenal. I recommend HCA to many people every day. And make no mistake, it's because they deserve it.

Oh and that's not dissing EbaY, I would use them on occassion, or to sell casual items of nominal interest. I always look for 100% positive feedback, and a deep selling record, as well as a few buys, to see if they can handle the responsiblity of sending payment and all that, to understand what it's like to be a buyer themselves. And I NEVER bid on auctions that say "do (x) and (x) and (x) or I'll negative feedback", or - " better buy insurance 'cause I'm not responsible if it doesn't get there". Or really the one that gets me is "Item no reserve" "low minimum bid" and "shipping and handling = $18.00" etc on a $5.00 book or what have you. I always skip the auctions that don't tell me how much shipping is in them.

Sweet! Noir posters are undervalued IMO. Got a scan of it?

POV, if you want to see a scan of Steve's poster, just search the Heritage Archives.