• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 8 - any advice?

11 posts in this topic

Any way to take off the small brown marks? Without affecting the book itself of course. These do not transfer to the inside FC. What exactly is meant by "cleaning" anyway, and are there different ways to clean a cover?

Normally I don't care about this kind of thing but as a 9.0 plus type book I'd be curious to know.

Grade as is please.

x8.jpg

x8bc.jpg

Actually, my guess is blood or . . . the ubiquitous chocolate ice cream insane.gif

if I had a nickel for every book I've seen with chocolate ice cream stains, I'd be a rich man . . . (svedle deedle deedle dum) 27_laughing.gif

Actually, my guess is blood or . . . the ubiquitous chocolate ice cream insane.gif

if I had a nickel for every book I've seen with chocolate ice cream stains, I'd be a rich man . . . (svedle deedle deedle dum) 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

I've got a few of those myself, and I don't even like chocolate ice cream.

Wonder Bread won't take off those stains.

No it won't. Wonder bread is greatly over-rated IMO, and if it does work, it only works on surface soiling... NOT stains.

Whether it's a stain from a bloody fingertip or a chocolate ice cream cone, it has sunk into the cover and the only chance of removing it would be a solvent bath, that is, restoration.