• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most copies you own of a particular book and why?

73 posts in this topic

I think this is a interesting thread... I've heard of people having 50 ASM #300's sitting in a box in their collection.

What others and how many?? And just as important, why did you get so many?

As for me I am a small collector but I have about 10 ASM #252. When I was a kid the place I purchased my comics from sold out of the issue. I got back into collecting about 13 years later and just started to buy them... needless to say it was very satisfying to finally have the issue!!

I have about 20 copies of Adventures of Superman #500. I bought large lots of comics when I started collecting and this issue seemed to be in every lot. Now I can't give them away.

I think this is a interesting thread... I've heard of people having 50 ASM #300's sitting in a box in their collection.

What others and how many?? And just as important, why did you get so many?

As for me I am a small collector but I have about 10 ASM #252. When I was a kid the place I purchased my comics from sold out of the issue. I got back into collecting about 13 years later and just started to buy them... needless to say it was very satisfying to finally have the issue!!

I have three copies each of Speed Comics 14, 15 and 16. Why? Who the heck knows...

I have several sealed cases that I bought,mostly from Capital Distributors when they went belly up.i used to have a bunch of cases of Byrnes Superman,but sold the last one to a board member.

3-5 copies is generally the most I have of anything post 1980 unless I bought a group or collection. I have a few books with 20+ copies, but never intended to have that many.

Bronze Age, I have 2-5 copies of many books.

Silver Age, I have 2 copies of many books, but only for a little while.

Golden Age, I have 2-4 copies of numerous books.

3-5 copies is generally the most I have of anything post 1980 unless I bought a group or collection. I have a few books with 20+ copies, but never intended to have that many.

I had 600 copies of Web of Spidy #1, 300 copies of Miracleman 2, and 300 copies of Thundercats 2 back in the early 90's.....I eventually dumped them to a brand new LSC for about $1.00 each foreheadslap.gif

I have about 20 copies of Adventures of Superman #500. I bought large lots of comics when I started collecting and this issue seemed to be in every lot. Now I can't give them away.

27_laughing.gif Yeah, luckily I only bought two. I think I eventually threw them away.

I had 600 copies of Web of Spidy #1, 300 copies of Miracleman 2, and 300 copies of Thundercats 2 back in the early 90's.....I eventually dumped them to a brand new LSC for about $1.00 each foreheadslap.gif

What made you get 600 and 300 copies of those books???

I have eight copies of Teen Titans #1 All In NM/MT 1 Mckone cr, 4 Turner, 1 2nd print, 1 3rd print, 1 4th print Turner Sketch..I dont know why I have all of those???

Speculation gone sour tonofbricks.gif893censored-thumb.gif

I used to have seven copies of Batman 227, but sold off all but two.

I think the most I have now are three copies of House of Secrets 106 (fantastic Wrightson cover). All are really nice VFs or better with perfect centering, so it will be tough to let any of them go. I dumped most of my doubles about six months ago.

Speculation gone sour tonofbricks.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Should of kept some of those Web's #1 foreheadslap.gif

The webs are like 15 bucks X 600 = 9,000 even if you sell them for 5 bucks you got 3,000 makepoint.gif

One of the few big mistakes that I've made in the comic industry.....however I have made some killer deals so I can overlook this one thumbsup2.gif

PS- I paid .60 each for the Web's,so I almost doubled my money back then....not to shabby considering.