• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just soiled myself.....and I couldn't be happier.

364 posts in this topic

Scott, if it's a service they offer, then they should simply advertise the fact that it's one that they offer, to everyone. Simple.

Heck, they don't even have to answer questions about it in the thread. Just pin an announcement at the top or add it to services offered.

It's not listed here.I assume it's not a service they offer to the general public.....

services.jpg

No, I don't buy that. I don't think CGC should have to "advertise" the fact that they make mistakes sometimes. I think a willingness to review a book where the customer feels a mistake was made is enough.

Why should their mistakes remain secret? If they don't want to admit to them that's their choice. Just as it's our choice to point them out.

Who said that you can't point them out? We're talking about whether CGC needs to ADVERTISE that they make mistakes. Bong. Down. NOW. poke2.gif

No, I don't buy that. I don't think CGC should have to "advertise" the fact that they make mistakes sometimes. I think a willingness to review a book where the customer feels a mistake was made is enough.

I wasn't thinking of it as a mistake. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, now that more of the general public knows that they offer it....it should develop into another tidy income stream. thumbsup2.gif

I am not sure CGC would charge for something like that, and I doubt it's something that happens all that often. My belief (without a basis for it, admittedly) is that CGC will check for PQ mistakes on a book for no charge and that the customer would just have to pay shipping. Maybe a reholder fee too, but I don't know about that. Maybe someone should call CGC and ask them.

Nahhhhh, bad idea.

I broke my bong the other day.... frown.gif

Just use one of your freshly downed beer cans. Any pothead worth his salt can make a quick bowl/bong out of a variety of at-hand materials. tongue.gif

Clogged? Maybe it just needs a good scraping? poke2.gif

Nah. Popped a hole in the bottom when I was adding ice. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Duct tape.

It'll save the universe someday, I tell you.

I still don't think of it as a mistake....since grading is subjective. I think the bruha this time around is because it's such a high-profile book. The swing in PQ of this particular book is not going to effect anyone other than the guy-with-too-much-dough that might buy it. If he's got the money to spend...then he's on his own. It's the concerns of the smaller collector/buyer that interest me more.

Personally, I think Doug should hire a film crew, break it out of the slab and read it, and then sell dvds and tshirts commemorating the event.

I still don't think of it as a mistake....since grading is subjective. I think the bruha this time around is because it's such a high-profile book.

Personally, I think Doug should hire a film crew, break it out of the slab and read it, and then sell dvds and tshirts commemorating the event.

It's objective and subjective, since it's a person applying his or her interpretation of supposedly objective standards.

Anyway, I imagine that when Steve adjusts a PQ rating on a book, he doesn't do so unless he agrees that CGC blew it the first time.

27_laughing.gif

You laugh, but I had this epiphany when I was in high school. My senior year, I took advanced physics. Sounds like a dorky class, but my teacher was really into teaching physics on a project basis rather than just by memorizing formulae. One of our projects was to construct man-sized boats out of aluminum cans and duct tape, and then all the students raced their boats in the school swimming pool by getting in and paddling, followed by a contest to see whose boat could hold the most weight without sinking. When my aluminum can and duct tape boat held eight people without sinking (it would have held more, but it tipped over), I realized that there was nothing I could not accomplish with enough duct tape -- in fact, if I knew where you all lived, I could even get some peace and quiet at least until your families come home at night.

yay.gif

Screw duct tape, Scott. Just have your physician write you up a -script for this....and you'll get all the peace and quiet you ever wanted.

mininfo-1.jpg

Screw duct tape, Scott. Just have your physician write you up a -script for this....and you'll get all the peace and quiet you ever wanted.

mininfo-1.jpg

I don't like my peace and quiet anywhere near that quiet or that peaceful. yay.gif

Clogged? Maybe it just needs a good scraping? poke2.gif

Nah. Popped a hole in the bottom when I was adding ice. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Duct tape.

It'll save the universe someday, I tell you.

..what would McGuyver do,...if he was jonesin,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What is surprising to me is the level of negative posts I've seen in this thread. I can't believe the almost hateful tones in some posters' words. If they are directed toward me for re-submitting a book for a review that is absurd. If they are aimed at CGC for not fully explaining their services that is another thing, but all you have to do is call and ask, like I did, and they will tell you everything you would want to know.

Where's the fun is calling and actually getting an answer? Ever-present fear-mongering, speculation, and loathing rules the day! yay.gif