• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just soiled myself.....and I couldn't be happier.

364 posts in this topic

Well, perhaps that title doesn't conjure the most appealing of imagery, but still, its appropriate way to descibe what I felt when I saw this....

Doug's Fantastic Four # 1 CGC 9.6 for sale on Pedigree Comics for a cool half million.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Awesome book. Just awesome. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So, who's gonna step up and put it on their Visa? 27_laughing.gif

Well, perhaps that title doesn't conjure the most appealing of imagery, but still, its appropriate way to descibe what I felt when I saw this....

Doug's Fantastic Four # 1 CGC 9.6 for sale on Pedigree Comics for a cool half million.

893whatthe.gifmakepoint.gif How many Action #1 in VG/Fine could you get for that price foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gif

The dang thing doesn't even have white pages....

Beautiful, beautiful book. However, the FF really havent 'taken off' as a franchise, imho. 50 yrs. from now I wouldnt be surprised if no one really knows about the FF unless somehow the characters 'take root'. The mere fact that they are the 1st superhoero group isnt enough to justify the price. Id think whatever Action #1 you could get for 500K is the better buy.

The dang thing doesn't even have white pages....

Exactly! I would have bought it if its white pages/ stooges.gif now i would be happy with a Fine grade with white pages...anyone see one for sale? 893applaud-thumb.gif

That book would be better if it was CGc Signature Series, signed by Jessica Alba tongue.gif

You would have to pay someone to take it with her signature.

you're kidding right?

More or less. I just did not like Alba's performance in the FF film and I do not see the point in having books signed.

I've seen a lot of super-high prices on Pedigree for books, but this one is just screwy.gif

Putting extremly high asking prices doesn't mean the market should follow. Half a million??? 893naughty-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Doug's got some coconut-sized nutz for saying "only" in front of that price tag.

seriously. half a million dollars for anything can't be "only." n'est ce pas possible