• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF #63 - Disappointed with auction

38 posts in this topic

I just recieved this issue in the mail and I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the cover. According to the eBay auction, it had "light cover wear" and the seller claims to "make every effort to be clear and precise in our descriptions." Ha! The pictures were a bit grainy, but the book looked like a solid reader copy, a low grade book that would fit in well with my entirely low grade collection. But when I opened the package I saw several huge scratches down the front half of the cover, which are only noticeable in the auction pictures now that I see them on the cover itself.

Anyway, I am not really that concerned with the grade itself, but I am upset over the way the seller did not mention the scratches (they are not creases, really). I would say it falls into the 4.5-5.5 range, but I really have no idea.

Scans:

ff63fronta6fn.jpg

I had an otherwise 8.0+ Swamp Thing #2 that arrived with scratches on the cover. It turned out that the seller's cat must have had fun with it after he scanned it, but before he mailed it. Oh well.

In your case the seller really should have let you know. You could request a partial refund or leave him a nuetral rating.

It only cost $10, I am not sure it is worth complaining to the seller.

I think that was $10 too much. Did that include shipping? I am sure you could get some nicer low grade FF's for 10 bucks a pop on these boards if you posted a WTB in the Comics Market forum. I would express your disappointed to the seller and see what he/she says.

Since this is the grading forum, I would say 3.5 on the grade. Too much wear/scratches/creases to be much better IMHO. Really distracts from the appearance of the front cover a lot.

It only cost $10, I am not sure it is worth complaining to the seller.

I think that was $10 too much. Did that include shipping? I am sure you could get some nicer low grade FF's for 10 bucks a pop on these boards if you posted a WTB in the Comics Market forum. I would express your disappointed to the seller and see what he/she says.

Yeah, $10 with shipping. I may e-mail the seller later tonight given the response in this thread. Sadly, I am in the middle of another potentially bad eBay auction right now. And to think, until recently I had never had any problems.

It only cost $10, I am not sure it is worth complaining to the seller. And as bad as it looks, it is actually better than many of my early FF comics.

I wish I could get $10 a pop for my low grade undercopies! foreheadslap.gif I usually start books like this at $2.99 and consider myself lucky if I get one bid.

Perhaps I should start describing them more "optimistically." sorry.gif