• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF #63 - Disappointed with auction

38 posts in this topic

Well, it looks like this may not have been the good buy I thought it was! Ignoring the problems with the cover (they really are not creases) I guess $7 was too much to pay for this low grader. Live and learn. I am e-mailing the seller right now regarding the cover -- we shall see what s/he says.

Well, it looks like this may not have been the good buy I thought it was! Ignoring the problems with the cover (they really are not creases) I guess $7 was too much to pay for this low grader. Live and learn. I am e-mailing the seller right now regarding the cover -- we shall see what s/he says.

thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Honestly, for ten bucks consider this a cheap lesson. Probably not even worth the time it takes to complain and return to seller. confused-smiley-013.gif

Even though it may not be worth it dollars wise, I think it's a good lesson to go through, even if you end up doing nothing.

I typically ask for larger scans of the front and back because Ebay scans are usually too small.

I just got an e-mail back from the seller (very prompt -- impressive) and he offered either a full refund should I chose to return the book, or I could keep the book at a discounted price. Should I just ask for a few bucks back and let it go, or return the book and try to find a better/cheaper copy? Remember, it only cost $10 total with shipping.

If your happy with the book take a small refund.

If you'd rather have a nicer book, return it and get a full refund.

I'd sell you mine for $20 + $4 shipping. sumo.gif

MINE

4 times as nice for 2 times the price! thumbsup2.gif

is that a big rip on sandman's hand?

if not

4.0, 4.5 tops, on a good day if maybe the pages are white and the cover is really glossy, can't tell from here

OTOH, paying $6-$7 for that + shipping is not totally out of whack with the realities of ebay. sure you can do better, but you could do worse. That sort of book will often sell for a $5 opening bid (or more) in that sort of condition without lying about the condition, so you only got hosed to the extent that you thought you were doing better. I've sold off almost all of my SA FFs that were mostly VG or so copies for prices (versus OPG) along those lines. I don't know what it guides for in VG, $12 or so?

"wish I could get $10 a pop for my low grade undercopies! I usually start books like this at $2.99 and consider myself lucky if I get one bid."

his $10 included shipping

$7 was half VG guide. $3 s/h is reasonable. The consensus is probably a VG- or VG. Really not that horrible, really. But not what you were led to believe you were getting, so I guess you're justified in griping.

I would have been happy with the book if not for the huge scratches on the cover. And if they had been mentioned in the auction or visible on the images, I would not have bid. But now I have some credit on my PayPal account and I am watching several auctions on eBay. So it all turned out okay.