• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious art just hit ComicLink

29 posts in this topic

English por favor,...your comment reminds me of Kerry's,.."I voted for it,..before I voted against it" comment.

That's as clear as I can be right now. Confusion finished, piece is no longer available. El Finito Amigo.

Chris

To my minds eye,..seems like someone was dangling a carrot to see if there'd be any takers. If thats what went down,..Josh Nathanson oughtta be ashamed of himself. Either it was for sale/ or it wasnt. In my opinion, the price was too low anyways,...the price should havebeen 85K-95K+. JMHO.

I know for a fact that Josh has possession of that piece because I've seen it twice when I went to drop off books for his auctions. He told me he was selling it and the price was $55K. It's a 2up page.

-Peter

Ok Further Clarification....this is as detailed as I can get.

The piece has indeed changed hands. The confusion was as to the timing of that deal. It has been clarifed that the person who I thought acquired it, and who himself thought had acquired it, had indeed acquired it.

Josh did not dangle anything, he did nothing wrong. There was a simple miscommunication and some slight confusion, but it's all gone now.

The right person has the piece, Josh provides a valuable service, and everyone involved of the deal is now happy with what has transpired and are clear on all points. This was not the case earlier, but all potential issues are resolved.

Case closed.

Chris

I know for a fact that Josh has possession of that piece because I've seen it twice when I went to drop off books for his auctions. He told me he was selling it and the price was $55K. It's a 2up page.

-Peter

Than I guess someone just bought it and its as simple as that???

Sheesh,..that was fast,...not even 24 hours.

But considering the Ditko Doc Strange pinup went for a similar amount,..its pretty obvious it was a steal at the 55K price,...because while the Doc Strange piece was nice,..if you're gonna buy Ditko,...

ASM is the way to go (and a whole page Doc Strange pin-up doesnt equal a whole page Spidey)!!!! As I noted,..the piece was priced too low, imho.

KK

But considering the Ditko Doc Strange pinup went for a similar amount,..

It did not sell for a similiar amount.

Chris

Was it not reported the Doc Strange pin-up went for north of 45K?????,...

That was not reported by anyone who knew the bidders. It was south of that number. I don't know anyone who reported a number above 37-38k.

The ASM splash, if it did sell for $55k went for somewhere around 40% more than the Dr. Strange splash.

C

That was not reported by anyone who knew the bidders. It was south of that number. I don't know anyone who reported a number above 37-38k.

The ASM splash, if it did sell for $55k went for somewhere around 40% more than the Dr. Strange splash.

C

Capiche'!

C

So the amout the ASM splash went for is not going to be made public? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif