• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new date for Houston,Texas JMV Comic Book Show Sunday June 18,2006

15 posts in this topic

Due to a wedding reception party on Saturday night June 3,2006 at the hotel we are forced to push back our function from Sunday June 4,2006 to Sunday June 18,2006 because the hotel will not have enough time to "flip" the room for our function.

But this could be a good thing as June 18 is Fathers Day.

Everytime I post I have someone flaming me so I have gotten used to it.What's interesting is most of those doing the trash talking are from out of state and have no intention of supporting our shows.

At least the Texas based critics are interested in supporting the shows in one way or another.

thumbsup2.gif

I am very sorry about your inconvience stronguy.Please accept my offer of a free table at our next show in Plano on August 13.

What day will this show be cancelled?!? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At least the Texas based critics are interested in supporting the shows in one way or another.

thumbsup2.gif

"I just got tired of wasting my gas when you didn't have the common decency to post that your shows were canceled." -Stronguy............Dallas, Texas.

makepoint.gif

yep, strong guy lives in Dallas,Tx and I apologized on a public forum for his inconvience and even offered him a free table at the next show we have in the DFW area.

I will offer you the same deal even though you live in... San Diego,Ca flowerred.gif

yep, strong guy lives in Dallas,Tx and I apologized on a public forum for his inconvience and even offered him a free table at the next show we have in the DFW area.

I will offer you the same deal even though you live in... San Diego,Ca flowerred.gif

If you ever do a show, right across the street from where I live,......supply my transportation there and back, I'll maybe, possibly consider it.......but probably not.

screwy.gif

I'm looking forward to the Plano show as he DFW REALLY needs MORE comic events!

Count me in!

make sure to give us your con report 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm thinking that the DFW area shows need to be more centralized in and around DFW Airport as that is just about middle of the Metroplex.

There are several large and mid-sized hotels in this area on the north side and the south side of the airport that would be great for this type of thing.

The biggest plus would be that the Fort Worth, Arlington, and Grand Prairie folks wouldn't feel like they were driving so far as driving to Plano from any of those areas is a LONG haul.

Plus, I know there is a nice little convention center in Grapevine right off of Main Street just off the north end of the airport.

There have been other types of shows/cons there in the past and they are probably reasonable to use.