• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves Strike Again

4 posts in this topic

Ebay seller Tigger121779 had a nice selection of DC lots from the 60s all starting at 99 cents with no reserve. I had a number of them on my watch list and planned on bidding decently.

Today, the auctions all ended early. frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

The seller has confirmed that someone made an offer to end the auctions early.

I don't get why sellers fall for this cr@p. Why would someone want them to end the auction early OTHER than they are hoping to get the items for less than they would if they had to bid?

I don't get why sellers fall for this cr@p. Why would someone want them to end the auction early OTHER than they are hoping to get the items for less than they would if they had to bid?

It`s a calculated gamble on both sides. The buyer is gambling that what he offers is less than what he might have to pay if at least one other determined bidder appears and a bidding war breaks out. The seller is gambling that what he`s being offered is more than what he`ll get if no real bidding war breaks out at the end.

he was getting decent money for the superboy and lois lane issues if they were "good" as described. $4-$10 a pop for comics that likely grade VG-Fine range.

The marvel pre-hero books looked pretty nice. Check the past bidders, one of them probably snarfed the whole remaining collection.