• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS Brave and the Bold #51 CGC 9.2 Diamond Run

8 posts in this topic

I can't say I do. I bought this book to go with some other high grade Brave and the Bold's that I have. Frankly, I don't know much about any of the pedigrees. Do you have bad news for me about the pedigree?

DO you know anything about the Diamond Run Pedigree?

Hello Arex.

Here is a few snippets from the forums regarding the Diamond run Pedigree.

Regards,

Russ... popcorn.gif

Diamond Run

Posted by Namisgr on CGC forums.

Back to the Diamond Run pedigree for a moment. An e-bay seller out of Boston by the handle of "sbl" sells books from this pedigree periodically. I purchased the HOS 92 (cgc 9.0) from the pedigree from this seller. I do not know anything more about this seller and pedigree - Blazing Bob certainly would, as a former seller of both the AF15 (9.4) and JIM83 (9.0) books.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I own several of the Diamond Run Marvel Avengers books, including issue 4, which were marketed by Joe Latino, who lives in Connecticut. Apparently the original owner was affiliated with comics in some way, either as an editor or in some similar position. The original owner wishes to remain anonymous, supposedly.

Here's Mr. Latino's description from an email to me several years ago: "The (Diamond Run) collection is historically important not only for its size and condition but also because of who the owner was. The Avengers run was one of his favorite(s) and he almost kept the No. 4 book because he believes that it is the most important book in that run...the Return of Captain America was viewed by him as ...the most significant...in the Silver Age. This run was bought off the stand...and then stored for the last 35 + years".

I had a posting on this pedigree about 2 years ago, but couldn't retrieve it from the search feature on the CGC forum site. I know it's not much information, but I hope it helps.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also own a couple Diamond Run books. What I can add to the above (also per Joe Latino) is that the books span from the '30s to the ''80s and that a good number of them have a date stamp on the back cover. The condition seems to vary significantly, but there are some very nice books present. I love the fact that he states that the collection is important because of who owned it, but won't say who that is.