• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

They don't call him the "Forum Legend" for Nothing!

62 posts in this topic

Here's a shout out to Greggy who as I write this is speeding down to Philly for the show.

Last night I had dinner with Greggy and Mr. Woogieman. It was a lot of fun. We talked about Greggy's East Coast appearance, books, the boards, etc. Awesome!

I thought it would be helpful to everyone if I reiterate why Greggy is the Forum Legend (and why everyone must have their head lower than his and walk 2 steps behind him at all times). Greggy has tons of accolades, the dc-guru, the wearer of short shorts, I could go on . . . Greggy is also an awesome guy and fun to be around. There's one particular story that I want to relate that sealed his fate as Forum Legend and put his name in the history books.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far, away Greggy bought Marvels. In fact, he had one Marvel in particular - a Spider-Man 101 that he had previously sold, bought back for $175, had graded at a 9.8 and then sold it for $4,500. That's not a typo - four thousand and five hundred dollars. Schwing! This was back in the day when CGC books was just taking off and really demonstrated for all the world to see that a CGC graded book could put you on par with any other seller including national dealers.

So that's it - Greggy you've earned your title. This story wouldn't be complete without making mention of Joe Collector who first called Greggy the Forum Legend and from Supapimp who was the one that threw out the $4,500 figure that Greggy ran with and got. I am sure that there are threads that tell this but I was too lazy to find them.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you in Philly,

DAM

You cant be a forum legend if you are Canadian, no siree!

Who is this Greggy guy? confused-smiley-013.gif

More like "what" is this Greggy guy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well there has been a lot of talk about him and some sort of operation. wink.gif

893whatthe.gif

wwoman.JPG

Hey! You were at the dinner last night and didn't say hi?!? That's me and DAM60 off to the right there, Gregster in costume in the foreground (Greggy made us carry his airport gift shop purchases around for him). No wonder they detained him at the border!! insane.gif

I thought it would be helpful to everyone if I reiterate why Greggy is the Forum Legend (and why everyone must have their head lower than his and walk 2 steps behind him at all times).

Well, you wouldn't want him walking behind you. blush.gif

THE ORIGIN OF GREGGY ON THE BOARDS

In the early days of the Golden Age of the forum, there was a thread about a book on ebay, a beautiful book, a book belong to greggy. The book was Fantastic Four #49 graded 9.6, and I believe that book also sold for somewhere in the area of $4k. Anyhow, as an ebay regular that I had been dealing with for years (along with other current board members like Donut, nochips, bronty, etc.,.), I thought I'd drop him a line and let him know we were "talking about his book!". Shortly thereafter, greggy registered ...and the legend was born! sumo.gif

So it's your FAULT!!! poke2.gif

foreheadslap.giftonofbricks.gif

You cant be a forum legend if you are Canadian, no siree!

Or if you collect nes! I didn't know you were on this forum. I spend most of my time on dp but pop by here once in a while.

Can somebody post the short shorts picture please? Just for the "pleasure" of those who haven't seen it insane.gif Those shorts are so short that if he had a dong it would have been poking out the bottom! boo.gif

--love ya greg (no not that way). Tell us about philly when you get back.

Whats special bout greggy? Is he like.......the first registered user or something? (I mean this: First registered user after the board was put up, and who still comes around. The true First Registeretd user would be Arch, as he is Admin & owner of the board, but I am talken bout normal users)

Otherwise, Greggy I do not know of! laugh.gif

Whats special bout greggy? Is he like.......the first registered user or something? (I mean this: First registered user after the board was put up, and who still comes around. The true First Registeretd user would be Arch, as he is Admin & owner of the board, but I am talken bout normal users)

I'm actually the first registered 'comic' user acclaim.gif That's why arch gave me the "show up early for parties" custom title. gossip.gif

As for greggy, what can I say? He just has a certain inimitable charm yay.gif

I'm actually the first registered 'comic' user acclaim.gif That's why arch gave me the "show up early for parties" custom title. gossip.gif

frustrated.gif Beat me by one day. foreheadslap.gif

yay.gif

I'd like a custom user title. Of course, idk what i'd want it to be. shy.gif

yay.gif

I'd like a custom user title. Of course, idk what i'd want it to be. shy.gif

How about

"Not in the face, Not in the face"

Ze-