• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC to PGX to CGG grading scale

5 posts in this topic

I know I can buy a CGG or PGX book and send it to CGC for graing (I like your labels better smile.gif ) But how do your scales compare? If I was to buy a CGG or PGX 9.9 or 10.0 would it likely come back the same or different. I'm hoping you'll base your answer on previous instances. Thanks.

If I was to buy a CGG or PGX 9.9 or 10.0 would it likely come back the same or different. I'm hoping you'll base your answer on previous instances. Thanks.

I don't think you'd fare too well cracking PGX 9.9s or 10.0s and expecting them to come back the same grade from CGC.

Come to think of it, I highly doubt even CGC would have a great deal of consistancy regrading their 9.9s and 10.0s.

These are "golden ticket" grades probably more based on subjective conditions on any given day rather than objective grading findings.

If you got a 9.9 or a 10 don't ever crack it. foreheadslap.gif

Sell it unless it's a personal grail book or something.

The only experience I have with this is a

PGA (pre PGX) marvel spotlight 5 PGX 8.5 , that came back CGC 9.0

of course I sold it as a PGA 8.5 foreheadslap.gif

Don't even consider cracking anything higher than 9.6. either way thumbsup2.gif