• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

The OAAW 63 is a newsboy?

Yes

The OAAW 26 is a River City

I must own one Salida before I die. These books are making my eyes bleed.

Then I guess no one is interested in this sorry.gif

SSWS90.jpg

hail.gifhail.gif

Very nice book. Let me know if you upgrade and takeit.gif

Upgrade from a Salida? Isn't that a physical impossibility? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sorry.gif Not a Salida.

So it should only take me another two decades to find an upgrade. yay.gif

hail.gifhail.gif

Upgrade from a Salida? Isn't that a physical impossibility? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sorry.gif Not a Salida.

I'll be waiting for your PM.

hail.gifhail.gif

sorry.gif Not a Salida.

I'll be waiting for your PM.

As I'm waiting for yours.... juggle.gif

OAAW_83.jpg

Great book! Well done!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy

And your copy is............where? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It's coming..it's coming...

Okay, pics forthcoming....I'm going to show my 8.5, then my 9.2, both raw. yay.gif

Andy

Edited by thirdgreenham

Andy, I gotta tell you, you've got one of the best senses of humor on the boards!! I was totally jumped up to see an 8.5 and 9.2 and then all I could say was ''you got me!''. Nice one, my man.

Having a copy of that book in any grade is an accomplishment. It's the toughest of the 'Big 3' (OAAW #81, #82 and GIC #87) to get. It's stinkin' hard, and getting way overpriced, even in lower grade.

And on another topic, I too would like at least one Salida and Newsboy before I die.

Shep

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed that. I was laughing to myself posting them. Yeah, I've got a CGC 4.0 as well, but it's one of those classics that you can't have enough of. Seeing that CGC 7.5 was just great!

Andy

Andy,

Holy crud!! If that is what you call an 8.5 and 9.2, I really need to re-check all those books I bought from you. 9.2 my freakin' foot.

Never, never trust a canadian. Arrrgggghhhh!!!!

stooges.gif

Shawn

Andy,

Holy crud!! If that is what you call an 8.5 and 9.2, I really need to re-check all those books I bought from you. 9.2 my freakin' foot.

Never, never trust a canadian. Arrrgggghhhh!!!!

stooges.gif

Shawn

Yeah, those books that you got were graded the same way.... poke2.gif

Andy

Having a copy of that book in any grade is an accomplishment. It's the toughest of the 'Big 3' (OAAW #81, #82 and GIC #87) to get. It's stinkin' hard, and getting way overpriced, even in lower grade.

Yeah. I payed over guide for my CGC 4.0 copy and I'm thinking more and more that I was lucky to get it at all.

Whooo, I won my first Heritage auction. Bid on a bunch of books early on, with low bids not expecting to win any. but I won this War Comics #1 for a cheap price. I think it may be undergraded judging from scan. If anyone can post the picture here that would be great, I'm at work and can't do it right now.

Whooo, I won my first Heritage auction. Bid on a bunch of books early on, with low bids not expecting to win any. but I won this War Comics #1 for a cheap price. I think it may be undergraded judging from scan. If anyone can post the picture here that would be great, I'm at work and can't do it right now.

Nice get!!! I love that book (and I have yet to even see one!)

Shep