• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Any of you guys planning on being out for the SD Comicon?

2007 marks the final year we'll be holding a war comics collector's banquet. We will be holding it on Thursday night at 7:30 and it's 30 bucks at the door to cover the cost of your dinner and expenses for the artists who will be present. Heath and Thomas Yeates will be there for sure, and it's possible we'll have Ric Estrada out one last time. We'll have some original art to auction off at the end. At any rate, if you're interested, PM me and I'll give you more details.

Say, did anyone here pick up any of those Keith Marlow books from Heritage this past Sunday? I tried, but only got to pick up some of the "drek". No offense, Keith, it's not really carp, but I was kinda disappointed as I wanted the nice stuff....just didn't have enough of that other nice stuff for payment.

Andy

I managed to pick up a couple of books over the last few weeks. Here's the only "war" book I won. No DC, but a very pretty book. The colors are very bright on this one.

— Rick

Sgt.Fury 6.jpg

I managed to pick up a couple of books over the last few weeks. Here's the only "war" book I won. No DC, but a very pretty book. The colors are very bright on this one.

— Rick

Sgt.Fury 6.jpg

Ah yeah, that's a real beauty!!

Andy

— Rick

Sgt.Fury 6.jpg

Beautiful book RAHIGH, I love those Kirby Fury's (thumbs up

There will be more DC war books listed July 23rd by Heritage. One of you guys mentioned that you were looking for a OAAW #9. There will be a CGC 6.0 copy listed next Sunday. There will be about 40 DC war listed that Sunday. Many of the ones listed are the first on the census. Thanks. Keith Marlow.

Hey Keith, did you ever have an OAAW #11 or #12? Those two books are tearing me apart to find!!

Andy

Andy, OAAW #12 CGC 4.5 will be up for auction starting next Sunday. #11 is at CGC now. Keith

(enter salivating graemlin now)

Awesome Keith! Thanks for the update. Are you happy with the way your auctions have gone so far?

Andy

argh!!!

:gossip: It's a paratrooper cover......I can always change my mind and bid on that GIC 87 :baiting:

You've got to do what you've got to do, bud.

Andy

Andy, OAAW #12 CGC 4.5 will be up for auction starting next Sunday. #11 is at CGC now. Keith

Keith, could you please send me a link to that auction for the OAAW #12? I can't seem to find it by going through Heritage's auctions.... (shrug)

Oh, and on a side note, here's me asking you a question earlier, I'm still hoping that you can answer it for me...pretty please? :foryou:

Hey Keith, out of all of the DC war that you're selling, did you have an absolute favourite, hands down?

Andy

Thanks,

Andy

argh!!!

:gossip: It's a paratrooper cover......I can always change my mind and bid on that GIC 87 :baiting:

Andy

Nvm, I've put all my buying on hold. Found a book that's on Heritage that will cost me a fortune.

argh!!!

Andy

Nvm, I've put all my buying on hold. Found a book that's on Heritage that will cost me a fortune.

I should put my buying on hold, but I find it too difficult. Perhaps I'm addicted? hm

Andy