• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

SSWS #81 has to be ranked among the greatest of greytones... Heath was just a total master of these kinds of covers....

God, can you imagine how great it must have been to have been a kid in 1957, to see these on the spinner rack week after week.

Shep

Shep, That SSWS #81 leaves me speachless...... WOW. I also love the #58 great cover!! Thanks for posting those, Larry

I was just about to say the same thing about both of those books and quick fingers Larry beat me to it. :hi: I still can't believe how fast you were during

Shep's last sales thread. (worship)

That SSWS 81 has to be one of the best DC war covers created in my opinion

and I recently received one and was very disappointed so the search continues.

As usual great books Shep. (thumbs u

Jeffro, I would love to have first dibs on your undercopy if your letting it go..??

Sure, but let me find it first. I recently moved and things are a bit scattered. I'll PM you when I find it.

BTW how do I get an avatar posted, I mean, I can't get the picture smaller than 75 x 75 megapixels through photobucket.com. Please let me know? Thanks Larry

You'll need to have a photo editing program on your computer, I believe. Perhaps you have photoshop or another similar program? If so, import that picture, re-size it to smaller than 75 x 75 and save. Upload that newer, smaller version to the boards as your avatar. Hopefully that helps. If you don't have a photo-edit program, download or borrow one. (or buy) (shrug)

Andy

Ok.... I got it to work through Microsoft photo image something or other. I'm not sure but I got it!!!!! I will post the large image so you can tell what it is. It should be posted copper but I asked for help here. Thanks all for the help! Larry

ThenamOA_edited.jpg[/img]

Edited by Hedge

Ok.... I got it to work through Microsoft photo image something or other. I'm not sure but I got it!!!!! I will post the large image so you can tell what it is. It should be posted copper but I asked for help here. Thanks all for the help! Larry

ThenamOA_edited.jpg[/img]

Jesus, just look at that linework... Heath's just the greatest.

That's from the 'Nam... #65 if I'm not mistaken.

Shep

Jesus, just look at that linework... Heath's just the greatest.

You should have seen the three pieces that Heath brought to the Big 5 dinner this year. Jawdropping. I bid the one that got auctioned off up to $300, but it went out of my range.

Ding, ding, ding, ding... Shep got it! Of course!

Hey guys, for those who want to see the whole page I posted it prior in the Copper thread. Since that thread has flatlined I gave it a little bump...

I also did not make the dinner! This would have been my first. I planned on going then a family vacation took me out of town. I live in San Diego so its a real bummer. I would have loved to meet some of you guys! I'm sure I will always regret it. I want a original piece from Heath and I would have been in the bidding on one of those. Do you have any pictures? I will have to wait for a nice one to come up on e-bay or something to get one.

Larry

It kills me that I missed the last war dinner. But at least I got to sit next to Heath at two of them!!

Hey, how's that cousin of yours? Hope Steve is well.

Shep

He is good, I am sure he would be happy you asked. We talked about you briefly and we were both bummed that you couldn't make it out this year. You should email Mick and get a shirt.

I want a original piece from Heath and I would have been in the bidding on one of those. Do you have any pictures? I will have to wait for a nice one to come up on e-bay or something to get one.

Larry

I wish, but I didn't have a camera with me. Heath brought three pieces of art and said we could auction one off. Everyone voted on their favorite and the winner was a KILLER tank piece with soldiers in silhouette in front. It also had some wash elements in the background, but it wasn't a full washtone. It truly was gorgeous. As far as I know he still has the other two, both of which were nice as well.

His skill has improved with age. I mean it, those three drawings were as good, or better than, any of his older published art.