• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

look at the guide, then shake my head. Then I look at the books and look at the prices, and wonder why I didn't bid more, then I shake my head again.

Maybe you should see a chiropracter? (:

look at the guide, then shake my head. Then I look at the books and look at the prices, and wonder why I didn't bid more, then I shake my head again.

Maybe you should see a chiropracter? (:

lol definitely! I just shook my head again and it hurt my back.... :frustrated:

I was a strong bidder in this auction and picked up some nice books. But I was blown out of the water by some of the prices achieved. We will NEVER see these types of numbers again on some of these books. It was like a feeding frenzy in the live bidding.

G.I. Combat #68 for $2,600 with the juice? in VF-??? There's got to be some better copies out there of this book.

hm

GIC68.jpg

I was a strong bidder in this auction and picked up some nice books. But I was blown out of the water by some of the prices achieved. We will NEVER see these types of numbers again on some of these books. It was like a feeding frenzy in the live bidding.

G.I. Combat #68 for $2,600 with the juice? in VF-??? There's got to be some better copies out there of this book.

hm

GIC68.jpg

Beauty (worship) (worship) (worship)

:takeit:

Funny. I was thinking you were the board member that owned the 9.2 copy. I knew someone here has posted it.

I am. But I would like to take that one too. :devil:

(tsk)

lol

Well it's definitely not 9.2 so, since you've been outed, howazbout posting yours?

that explains why misc non keys are selling for up to $600 on Heritage. Filling holes at any cost.

Great news if you're a seller. Demoralizing and depressing news if you're a buyer. :(

The 'filling holes at any cost' thing also demonstrates something else that's interesting about war comic collectors - many are dedicated completists.

I do hate to say it, but there are quite a few early DC war books that are, well, stinkers. Lots of clunky art and storytelling. Myself, I love those books for their wholesome, naive quality - but read a couple and you've sort of read them all. So wanting EVERY issue - even these ones with no compelling art and story - just goes to show that there are a lot of dudes out there who simply want them ALL for sake of just having them all.

By the way, Adamstrange, nice GIC #68. That's a very sweet copy.

Shep

hm

GIC68.jpg

yes indeed! (worship) Awesome book, AS!!!

Andy

No joke! I love ebay for zaniness like that.

Shep

The guy has some other nice books up for bid and has absolutely no freakin' clue.

No joke! I love ebay for zaniness like that.

Shep

Going to email him and give him a low ball offer of $50, see if he takes it....probably not though.

lol $50 to $100 is the max for this book. Unless someone knows something I don't....

Andy

I just want to say I own one, and for $50 why not? The guy probably has High hopes for this book, or looking for a sucker.

Bingo! We have a weiner!!!

:banana:

The 'filling holes at any cost' thing also demonstrates something else that's interesting about war comic collectors - many are dedicated completists.

I do hate to say it, but there are quite a few early DC war books that are, well, stinkers. Lots of clunky art and storytelling. Myself, I love those books for their wholesome, naive quality - but read a couple and you've sort of read them all. So wanting EVERY issue - even these ones with no compelling art and story - just goes to show that there are a lot of dudes out there who simply want them ALL for sake of just having them all.

By the way, Adamstrange, nice GIC #68. That's a very sweet copy.

Shep

Thanks

I owe comick1 for that many moons ago.

I'm not a completest, but even just getting all of the great DC War comics in grade is an incredible challenge. Kubert, Heath, Severin, Drucker, Grandenetti and occasional Swan, Anderson, Infantino and others did wonderful work for war comics -- many of them enjoyed it far more than superhero work.