• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

Nice books!!! :applause:

AAMOW #8 CGC 7.0 I really figured this would get a VF, but that just shows me how nice some earlier books are, the VFs are just impossible to find.

:whistle:

maybe I should start a thread in CG about what scanner to buy

Do a search first unless you wish to suffer the slings and arrows.

Does that whistle mean you've got the goods? :insane: Heheh, I know you've got the goods! (thumbs u

About the scanner, yes I do want one. I was just joking about starting a thread about them though. I know that's one of the most despised topics, or at least people get upset that others don't know how to use the search function. Blah! :P That search function is overrated anyway.

Andy :whistle:

Cool books, Andy (thumbs u

This thread hasn't slowed down abit for at least 6 months! :applause:

Nice. GIC 68 in 7.0. :o:cloud9:

Great books Andy! (worship)

Thanks a lot, guys! :foryou:

Andy

OFF #5 CGC 6.5 Nice book! I thought this was a F/VF, so again pretty close

cgcbooks003.jpg

Nice copy of all of 'em. That OFF #5 is a helluva tough book in grade. . .and yours looks like a VERY strictly graded 6.5 (looks nicer than that from what I can see). Great books!

Does that whistle mean you've got the goods?

Let's just say there is another reason to visit the Salida thread to see the most recent post. :shy:

link

Does that whistle mean you've got the goods?

Let's just say there is another reason to visit the Salida thread to see the most recent post. :shy:

link

You have some gorgeous books! (worship)

Andy

KILLER BOOKS ANDY!!!

I remember seeing some of those before you sent them... I think CGC was pretty harsh on some of those, particularly the OAAW #81.

Here's a book that showed up today... been looking for a copy of this for a long, long time and have lost out on one at least 5 times on ebay over the years. Solid copy, great gloss and white/offwhite pages. Best of all, I was the only bidder and it set me back.... and here's the best part.... 37 bucks!!!!! More than makes up for the SSWS lot I got last week. I've put it in the 'Buddy can you spare a grade...' thread if anyone is interested in giving an opinion.

Shep

aamow67f.jpg

Holy Flounders Shep, That is a sweet copy! $37 sounds like the steal of the century! I am jealous!

KILLER BOOKS ANDY!!!

I remember seeing some of those before you sent them... I think CGC was pretty harsh on some of those, particularly the OAAW #81.

Here's a book that showed up today... been looking for a copy of this for a long, long time and have lost out on one at least 5 times on ebay over the years. Solid copy, great gloss and white/offwhite pages. Best of all, I was the only bidder and it set me back.... and here's the best part.... 37 bucks!!!!! More than makes up for the SSWS lot I got last week. I've put it in the 'Buddy can you spare a grade...' thread if anyone is interested in giving an opinion.

Shep

aamow67f.jpg

Holy Flounders Shep, That is a sweet copy! $37 sounds like the steal of the century! I am jealous!

Nice pick up Shep (thumbs u

KILLER BOOKS ANDY!!!

Shep

aamow67f.jpg

Excellent buy, Shep! :applause: Good job!!! (thumbs u

Andy

Thanks guys,

I was pretty stunned that there were no other bidders... a classic case of good timing and dumb luck.

If I could find all my DC war 1950s wants in this shape and price, I'd be a happy, happy dude.

Man... there have been some KILLER books on these boards lately. I'm loving it!!!

Can't wait to check the thread every morning.

Shep

Shep,

Please post a pic of this one when you get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180222038672&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=008

Looked like a nice win. All's fair in love and war (comics)

Yeah that sonofabeotch beat me again!!! :frustrated:

I didn't know you guys were bidding... I checked the opposing bids and they were the t*******y sort of thing.

All the same, I bid early on this one and didn't snipe... so everyone got a fair chance... :foryou:

I'll post it when it comes... though I am a little concerned about the tanning on the bottom of the interior pages.

Shep

I'll post it when it comes... though I am a little concerned about the tanning on the bottom of the interior pages.

Shep

You're concerns are extremely valid. It's . In fact, when you get it, just mail it to me.

:insane:

Paid a pretty penny on a risk. I like it more than my 6.0 copy. If not for the missing lower right corner I would say 8.5-9.0.

16d1_1.jpg

Very nice!

I'd say anything 6.0 and above is "tough to find".

Andy