• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

With a little help from a friend, a show here in Nashville was excellent!

Battlefront-41.jpg

One of my all-time favorite covers:

TFT-34.jpg

and some great Combats, the covers do not reflect how cool these books are, I'm always happy to find nice copies:

combat-17.jpg

combat-22.jpg

combat-26.jpg

:applause:

Going to a small local show this Sunday. I'm sure that I'll find bupkiss for war books, but 100% sure I'll find box upon box of 90's drek at 50 cents a piece. :tonofbricks::screwy:

Oh well, wish me luck gents. :wishluck:

Hiya boys and girls!

I've just started a new thread and I need your help and input. It's a thread to showcase DC war covers. I'm trying to show off our favorites or perhaps the ones that would be considered extremely challenging to draw and therefore deserve some attention. Eventually, I'd like to start a new thread with a DC war comic cover "Survivor Series".

Please slide over to Comics General and post some great covers in this thread here: DC War Cover Thread

Thanks everyone!!! (worship)

Andy

Sorry to spam, my friends. I just wanted to bring to your attention the Survivor Series of DC war comic covers has begun. Please go to the thread and vote off your least favorite covers. Thanks all! (thumbs u

Andy

DC War Comic Cover Survivor Series Round 1

$250 for a 7.0?!? That's 4x guide.

I just bought a raw 7.5/8.0 on eBay for $32 that looks nicer. Seems like slabbing silver DC war, even in upper mid grades, adds a lot to the value. This is not the first time I have seen sales like this. Slabbed 10 cent greytones go for a lot more in a slab. Weird.

http://www.comiclink.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dcombat%26ItemType%3DCB&id=755039

Here is the copy I got last week...

gic94.jpg