• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Speaking of nice books...I just posted some kudos for thirdgreenham as I just received some wonderful books from him. Andy was incredibly patient with me and I greatly appreciate it. As a result, I was able to get these books, which were shipped IMMEDIATELY to me and they were shipped in bomb proof packaging.

I wanted to post the kudos here because you are the people who should be buying from him.

Andy, Thank you again (thumbs u

:shy: Aww...it was nothin. :blush:

Now with that last post by Mike, I'm going to pimp my own wares just for a second.

I've got some books on CLink ending in 3 or 4 days and the prices so far are terrible. If they sell this low, I sure hope they go to you guys and not someone who I don't know. If there's any that you can use, or would like, put some bids in. It's looking like they won't cost you much at all. Here's a list of the war books that I've got up right now with their current prices:

BRAVE AND THE BOLD #52, CGC 6.5 FN+ $1

G.I. COMBAT #48, CGC 5.5 FN- $1

G.I. COMBAT #60, CGC 4.5 VG+ $12

G.I. COMBAT #87, 4.0 VG $23

G.I. COMBAT #98, CGC 6.0 FN $5

G.I. COMBAT #105, CGC 7.5 VF- $5

G.I. COMBAT #106, CGC 6.0 FN $1

G.I. COMBAT #106, CGC 7.0 FVF $5

G.I. COMBAT #113, CGC 8.5 VF+ $67

G.I. COMBAT #114, CGC 7.0 FVF $5

G.I. COMBAT #124, CGC 7.0 FVF $1

G.I. COMBAT #128, CGC 7.5 VF- $1

G.I. COMBAT #132, CGC 6.5 FN+ $1

G.I. COMBAT #133, CGC 6.5 FN+ $28

OUR ARMY AT WAR #57, CGC 4.0 VG $12

OUR ARMY AT WAR #63, CGC 4.5 VG+ $13

OUR ARMY AT WAR #83, CGC 1.5 FRG $24

OUR ARMY AT WAR #89, CGC 6.0 FN $12

OUR ARMY AT WAR #99, CGC 6.0 FN $70

OUR ARMY AT WAR #110, CGC 5.0 VGF $12

OUR ARMY AT WAR #128, CGC 5.5 FN- $5

OUR ARMY AT WAR #202, CGC 0.5 PR $0

OUR FIGHTING FORCES #70, CGC 7.0 FVF $1

OUR FIGHTING FORCES #72, CGC 7.0 FVF $1

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #84, CGC 3.0 GVG $23

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #85, CGC 5.0 VGF $23

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #86, CGC 3.5 VG- $23

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #106, CGC 6.0 FN $1

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #151, CGC 8.0 VF $14

STAR SPANGLED WAR STORIES #154, CGC 8.0 VF $5

...and here's a link to a thread I made with the full list of books, not just DC war.

Thanks guys for your patience with me in interrupting this great thread, and many thanks to Mike for the kind words. (worship)

Andy

Edited by thirdgreenham

Speaking of nice books...I just posted some kudos for thirdgreenham as I just received some wonderful books from him. Andy was incredibly patient with me and I greatly appreciate it. As a result, I was able to get these books, which were shipped IMMEDIATELY to me and they were shipped in bomb proof packaging.

I wanted to post the kudos here because you are the people who should be buying from him.

+1

Andy just sent me this (along with a few others)...

off4.jpg

I sure do love those Grandenetti covers.

Thanks Andy! (thumbs u

Got my Andy box today.

OK, not only are there some sweet books he sent. . .

aamow70.jpg

and OAAW 57 (My scanner sucks with slabs. .Someday I'll get one that works with scans)

oaaw57.jpg

But when the box arrives it looks like this!!! You get the bonus stampage! What an awesome box! Gonna keep the box just for the stamps alone. Way cool, Andy!

stamps.jpg

+1

Andy just sent me this (along with a few others)...

off4.jpg

I sure do love those Grandenetti covers.

Thanks Andy! (thumbs u

Looks like the bomb he's sitting on was signed by most of the DC war stable at the time:

Jerry Grandenetti,

Joe Kubert,

Bob Kanigher (or Haney)

Tom Burlockoff (??)

Mike Esposito (??) but why is there no Ross?

Who's Jimmy and who's Bill? There are a couple of cursive ones that I can't make out. Anybody know who THEY are?