• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

Been awhile since I have picked up some war books but I got to upgrade my AAMOW 63. Also picked up SSWS 96 and 98 today :) These are some of my favourite dino covers and wanted them for awhile.

87845.jpg.4bf7b485f2835dd8bdbd416217f2dc4d.jpg

87846.jpg.475bac5cdc163bc25b82c69d779a4b8a.jpg

87847.jpg.2c894b2d5c4de57a1c85a752e5fb07cb.jpg

Those books look Awesome especially if those are the grades listed on them. They present better!

Larry

Thats how the person that sold them graded them and I think he is a good grader along with reasonable prices. I usally take those stickers off and put them on the back of the book but I had scanned them in before I realized I forgot to move them.

Been awhile since I have picked up some war books but I got to upgrade my AAMOW 63. Also picked up SSWS 96 and 98 today :) These are some of my favourite dino covers and wanted them for awhile.

87845.jpg

Love that cover. Congrats on the new books (thumbs u

You must have a fantastic collection now, Richard. (thumbs u

Andy

It is getting respectable :grin:

You must have a fantastic collection now, Richard. (thumbs u

Andy

It is getting respectable :grin:

I think the correct term is "battle ready" (thumbs u

Anyone on the boards get these? I'd like to know if they're as nice as they appeared.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370269802021&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yes, I was the high bidder on that lot. The earliest books were actually the best of the lot, with solid OW pages. The later issues were closer to crm-ow, so it seemed to be a combination from two different collections merged at some point (or at least two different sources). I had really expected the books to be shakier than they were, but they were very nice copies overall, with a couple of obvious exceptions (such as the badly inserted centerfold).

Anytime a book is photographed/scanned in mylar on Ebay, I expect it to look 10x better in the scan than in person, and generally bid accordingly; for the most part, these looked just as nice when I got them (which was a very pleasant surprise for Ebay) as they did in the auction scans. All needed to be bagged/reboarded before being reinserted in the mylars, but they are very nice looking books and very flat.

I also picked up a lot of Sgt. Fury's and Captain Storm from the same seller, all of the books exceeding my expectations. They were an excellent value overall, I can't complain! :grin:

Anyone on the boards get these? I'd like to know if they're as nice as they appeared.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370269802021&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yes, I was the high bidder on that lot. The earliest books were actually the best of the lot, with solid OW pages. The later issues were closer to crm-ow, so it seemed to be a combination from two different collections merged at some point (or at least two different sources). I had really expected the books to be shakier than they were, but they were very nice copies overall, with a couple of obvious exceptions (such as the badly inserted centerfold).

Anytime a book is photographed/scanned in mylar on Ebay, I expect it to look 10x better in the scan than in person, and generally bid accordingly; for the most part, these looked just as nice when I got them (which was a very pleasant surprise for Ebay) as they did in the auction scans. All needed to be bagged/reboarded before being reinserted in the mylars, but they are very nice looking books and very flat.

I also picked up a lot of Sgt. Fury's and Captain Storm from the same seller, all of the books exceeding my expectations. They were an excellent value overall, I can't complain! :grin:

:applause:

Great news and I'm glad it worked out well for you. (thumbs u

Andy

here is one I had for years that sat in my "worthless" box. I figure you guys might like it. The condition of this book beside the color break where the "Inc" is almost perfect...shocking for something that sat in that box for decades.

heroes.jpg