• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hey war brothers and sister (that's you Faye.)

Had a pretty exciting day, today. My LCS had a 'March Break Sale' and I swung in and scored a monstrous haul of high grade Charltons.. Fightin' Army, Fightin' Marines and War.

You might laugh, but there are some pretty good art jobs in many of these books... Pay Boyette, Don Sutton and Don Perlin in particular. And a lot of interesting painted cover.

Oh, and when I put the words 'High Grade' and 'Charlton' together, I mean VFish books... is it me or are these notoriously difficult to find in any kind of decent shape.

I'll try and post some highlights tonight... I bought close to 125 books. CHEEEEEEEEAP!

Shep

Wow, nice!!! Looking forward to seeing some of these. (not all, please :gossip:) :grin:

VF is a beautiful grade for 10 and 12 cent Charlton war. (worship) I've got a nice haul myself. Bought years and years ago, still in the same sticky bags. :cloud9:

Andy

Hey war brothers and sister (that's you Faye.)

Had a pretty exciting day, today. My LCS had a 'March Break Sale' and I swung in and scored a monstrous haul of high grade Charltons.. Fightin' Army, Fightin' Marines and War.

You might laugh, but there are some pretty good art jobs in many of these books... Pay Boyette, Don Sutton and Don Perlin in particular. And a lot of interesting painted cover.

Oh, and when I put the words 'High Grade' and 'Charlton' together, I mean VFish books... is it me or are these notoriously difficult to find in any kind of decent shape.

I'll try and post some highlights tonight... I bought close to 125 books. CHEEEEEEEEAP!

Shep

What about that rumored sale Shep? :baiting:

Hey Jeff and Andy and all...

Sorry I couldn't get any scans up last night.... I had to fly to out of town (gorgeous L.A.!) this morning, and it turned out I had a bunch of stuff waiting for me when I got home. I'll plow through them on the weekend when I get back,

Jeff, yup a sale is coming! Probably the end of the month. I'll give plenty of heads up time.

Shep