• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,100 posts in this topic

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to all for such a great thread...I am really enjoying reading through the posts here and seeing such great covers and artwork.

I have just recently discovered the beauty of the silver age DC war books and I am hoping to make my first purchase soon.

Jay

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

Thank you very much, Keith, your words are too kind. (worship)

Let's change the direction of this thread back to the books. (thumbs u Perhaps adamstrange and aman can show us those Salidas again. :wishluck: I never tire of seeing those. :luhv:

Andy

Send a couple greytones my way and I'm sure we could work something out. :whistle:

Since there's been a request from a soon to be retired War boardie for Salidas:

AAMOW20.jpg

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks to all for such a great thread...I am really enjoying reading through the posts here and seeing such great covers and artwork.

I have just recently discovered the beauty of the silver age DC war books and I am hoping to make my first purchase soon.

Jay

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

Thanks, and those are some beautiful books you posted!

Salidas..... OMFG.

Simply gorgeous books.

I remember when this thread started some years ago... and now it's up to 550+ (on my viewer anyway) pages.

I check it probably every day. There's as much pleasure to be had from reading the passions of other collectors as from the books themselves.

As for Sgt. Fury, there were some excellent stories by Mike Friedrich and art by John Severing in the issues in the late sixties. 'The All-American' in (I think #81 or #88) is amongst my very favorite war stories.

One thing I NEVER see on these boards, though, are Charltons.... probably a good reason for that. But as I discover more and more of them, the naive art and story in most issues has a strange appeal.

Shep