• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

and I was interested in the Disneys (they were subscription copies bent in half and still bound in the original brown band).

hm

(Yeah, yeah, I know it's not a War Book ... shoot me.)

Why so many Salidas buried in a Silver Age forum thread? I get the impression you guys are hiding from me! lol

:whistle:

Slipped to the second page and we simply can't have THAT!

Another Salida I've never posted.

oaaw35.jpg

I love the red on that OAAW, Mick! :luhv:

AAMOW29.jpg

and I was interested in the Disneys (they were subscription copies bent in half and still bound in the original brown band).

hm

Why so many Salidas buried in a Silver Age forum thread? I get the impression you guys are hiding from me! lol

:cry::cry: Nobody luvs me!

On a serious note ... how much of the original Salida list do you think we could reconstruct just with the books that have been posted in various threads here on the boards? Not to mention the "hidden" books that everyone is too chicken to show! lol

hm

:cry::cry: Nobody luvs me!

On a serious note ... how much of the original Salida list do you think we could reconstruct just with the books that have been posted in various threads here on the boards? Not to mention the "hidden" books that everyone is too chicken to show! lol

I don't even remember how many books are in the collection. :sorry:

hm

SalidaInwrapper-WaltDisneysComicsan.jpg

Speaking of hiding. . .

I haven't seen you anywhere in more than a year. Good to have you back, Alan!

That brown band on that book is pretty interesting. Anyone have war books that has that original band still on it?

From what I understand, he purchased the war comics off the newstand.

I don't have any 50's DC War to contribute but I do own this which I bought as I liked the cover so much:

soldier.jpg

Totally great... never seen that before, and certainly the precursor to many 'they got the plasma' war covers.

Sweet... wonder who did the cover? Looks like Dave Berg, though he usually signed his stuff.

Shep

Here's a Fawcett Salida.

BattleStories9.jpg

Ya'll are making me want to start collecting more books.

Jaymole, that it a super nice addition to the war thread (thumbs u

Totally great... never seen that before, and certainly the precursor to many 'they got the plasma' war covers.

Sweet... wonder who did the cover? Looks like Dave Berg, though he usually signed his stuff.

Shep

Now that's a cool book! :applause:

Andy

Ya'll are making me want to start collecting more books.

Jaymole, that it a super nice addition to the war thread (thumbs u

Thanks a lot guys!!...I am glad I can contribute at least one book to this great thread. Hopefully, if my wallet and I can come to some sort of agreement, I can add some more in the future.