• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Great book, Jay. That definitely is one of the coolest covers! I think you got a pretty good deal, really.

Thanks! I am still too attached to Overstreet prices on 9.2 and under books....I have to learn that sometimes it is not overpaying to pay more than guide for these books.

I missed out on so many beautiful books from the original Keith Marlow collection because I was too attached to the frikken OSPG. Boy, I wished I kept that book closed. doh!

I did keep the book closed...I just ran out of loot. Wish I had bought them all when he offered them pre-auction. It was a lot of dough then...A steal now

I call upon this group's infinite wisdom once again.....Where can I find a list of Russ Heath's war comic work? (worship)

Many thanks to those who reply! (thumbs u :foryou:

Mervin

Hiya Mervin,

About 15 years ago, there was a pretty nice interview/spotlight on Russ Heath in Comic Book Marketplace. I'm forgetting which issue, but it was accompanied by a decent checklist, though I doubt it'd be as exhaustive as the Grand Comics Database.However, on the GCD, I don't know if it's possible to cross-reference by artist AND genre. Then again, the BEST reference (MHO) is still Chris Pedrin's Big-5 War Comics Guide. See if you can score yourself a copy of that one. Hope that helps.

Mick

Edited by Comick1

Hiya Mervin,

About 15 years ago, there was a pretty nice interview/spotlight on Russ Heath in Comic Book Marketplace. I'm forgetting which issue, but it was accompanied by a decent checklist, though I doubt it'd be as exhaustive as the Grand Comics Database.However, on the GCD, I don't know if it's possible to cross-reference by artist AND genre. Then again, the BEST reference (MHO) is still Chris Pedrin's Big-5 War Comics Guide. See if you can score yourself a copy of that one. Hope that helps.

Mick

:gossip:Atlas :sumo:

Hiya Mervin,

Mick

Or you could just ask Dan which Atlas books he has in his collection that are NOT Everett covers. At least that'd reveal all the Heath Atlas covers known in this part of the universe. :gossip:

I hope one of you guys won this in the Heritage auction today. :wishluck:

AAMOW #128 CGC 7.5 sold for $263 including the juice. This same book sold for 4 times that amount before.

aamow128.jpg

Due to technical difficulties I missed that book. And I was ready to go.

Heritage has some system problem which they are working on, but quite a few folks were unable to get their bid buttons to work. Hence a deal on an AAMOW #2 :pullhair:

Since I couldn't bid through the live feature I had Gator bid on one book for me...and he got outbid. I won nothing. The Our Army at War 60 was the one I wanted but at $1500 or so I just couldn't do it. I thought most of the other books went for relatively reasonable prices. I really hate that I couldn't bid on the AAMOW 2.

Hiya Mervin,

Mick

Thanks fellas! (thumbs u You guys are awesome, I'm so glad I found out about this message board. From getting great books through Andy to getting great tips in this thread, it's made my comic collecting a lot more fun. (worship)

Mervin

Posted this in General, but I feel I would be cheating on all of you if I didn't post it here.

Well, I think I did wonderfully on this particular book. Star Spangled War Stories #38, highest graded copy at 7.5. Other than being a great book, earlier 10 cent DC war, it boasts the first Russ Heath cover (for DC war). For only $90! :cloud9:

ssws38.jpg

Very nice book. its a close contender to my favourite one.

Richard, did you win the SSWS 84? That one went for peanuts. :frustrated: I'd love to buy it back for $1200 if the buyer's interested. :wishluck:

doh!

Um, I think I'm the one who should be slapping his forehead, not you. doh!

Richard, did you win the SSWS 84? That one went for peanuts. :frustrated: I'd love to buy it back for $1200 if the buyer's interested. :wishluck:

doh!

Um, I think I'm the one who should be slapping his forehead, not you. doh!

doh!

I posted that because you are suppose to be selling your books not buying them back because they sold to low lol

What ever floats your boat though lol

Wow, I didn't watch all the auctions but the SSWS #128 was a smoking deal, as was the #84. Sorry, they went for so low Andy, I did bid on several of your books winning all three! I would definitely have bid more than 1K on the 84 but thought it would hit 2K easy, so figured I couldn't run with the big boys.

Wow, I didn't watch all the auctions but the SSWS #128 was a smoking deal, as was the #84. Sorry, they went for so low Andy, I did bid on several of your books winning all three! I would definitely have bid more than 1K on the 84 but thought it would hit 2K easy, so figured I couldn't run with the big boys.

AAMOW 128 :gossip: