• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Grandenetti is definitely the guy whose art tipped me in the direction of collecting the early DC war books.

Greenham's copy? Awesome! :applause:

oaaw60.jpg

Yup, she's a beaut!! Enjoy that puppy, Richard. (thumbs u I may end up taking you up on that "visit anytime" offer. :insane:

Super sweet OAAW 65, too! (worship) (worship)

Greenham's copy? Awesome! :applause:

oaaw60.jpg

Yup, she's a beaut!! Enjoy that puppy, Richard. (thumbs u I may end up taking you up on that "visit anytime" offer. :insane:

Super sweet OAAW 65, too! (worship) (worship)

Thanks Andy. And seriously...anytime (thumbs u

A few recent additions...

oaaw65.jpg

Humminah humminah humminah. . .

drool

Congrats, Mick, for winning Week 7's DC War t-shirt! :applause:

Andy

:acclaim::acclaim: Woohoo!!! Thanks Andy. That makes 5 war comics-themed t-shirts: the 2 Big-5 banquet shirts we made over the years, the SD Comicon Sgt. Rock shirt, and the huge Sgt. Rock head portrait shirt + the Andy war shirt. Can't wait to see it!!!

A few recent additions...

oaaw65.jpg

Humminah humminah humminah. . .

drool

Congrats, Mick, for winning Week 7's DC War t-shirt! :applause:

Andy

:acclaim::acclaim: Woohoo!!! Thanks Andy. That makes 5 war comics-themed t-shirts: the 2 Big-5 banquet shirts we made over the years, the SD Comicon Sgt. Rock shirt, and the huge Sgt. Rock head portrait shirt + the Andy war shirt. Can't wait to see it!!!

You'll have your choice of 10 different styles, Mick. I'll post them when they come in, which should be any day now.

Andy

That makes 5 war comics-themed t-shirts

If you get five war themed boxers you will have the school week covered!

I already do, Richard! That's the only way I can get the war comics theme in on a daily basis while still wearing a dress shirt and tie (more self-imposed than actual dress code). Unfortunately Underoos has always ignored my repeated letters asking them to manufacture Haunted Tank Underoos. They laugh now, but someday they'll be sorry!!!!

Does anyone know of issues containing World War I themes besides the character "Enemy Ace"?

thanks

Jeez, there have been many stand alone stories but I believe Enemy Ace was the only continuing series.

I remember one back up story for instance about opposing snipers in the trenches and they eventually sight and kill each other simultaneously. Can't for the life of me remember which issue it was in but I'd bet a donut it was an issue of Sgt Rock.

Does anyone know of issues containing World War I themes besides the character "Enemy Ace"?

thanks

Jeez, there have been many stand alone stories but I believe Enemy Ace was the only continuing series.

I remember one back up story for instance about opposing snipers in the trenches and they eventually sight and kill each other simultaneously. Can't for the life of me remember which issue it was in but I'd bet a donut it was an issue of Sgt Rock.

Balloonbuster was another WWI based series.